Bradford Enter Administration

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Jake

Bradford

Post by Jake »

Bradford's entire coaching staff are made redundant this means the end :(
cpwigan

Re: Bradford Enter Administration

Post by cpwigan »

Surely questions have to be asked re the RFL and franchising. Wakey, Crusaders and now Bulls going pearshaped so soon after being awarded a franchise.
Toryboy

Post by Toryboy »

BBC say :

Bradford Bulls have made their entire coaching staff redundant as they look to find a way out of administration.

Joint-administrator Brendan Guilfoyle has confirmed that 16 members of staff, including coach Mick Potter, have been removed from their positions.

The Rugby Football League said in a statement that they were unhappy with the latest developments at Odsal.

"We are concerned by the news that the official administrator of Bradford Bulls has made all the club's non-playing staff redundant.

"The governing body received no official notification of this action and is meeting the administrator Brendan Guilfoyle this afternoon to seek an explanation and clarification.

"The RFL is continuing to establish the facts behind this development and will not be making any further comment until we have spoken to all the parties involved."

Toryboy

Post by Toryboy »

Plus Bradford are looking for a coach to come on board for the rest of season but be unpaid.

The RFL will have to have a serious transparent audit of the Superleague license and the Bulls mess or been forever a busted flush.

Words are no longer enough
OJ

Post by OJ »

I always understood that redundancy meant that the job no longer exists so whilst they can call backroom staff by other titles a coach is still a coach and if they have done that to Potter then surely it means that the coaching job no longer exists so how could they fetch someone else in to do it?

If they are looking for a new name they could always re-arrange the letters in ODSAL and call it Bradford Sodal cos that is what they seem to have right now
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

trotski_tgwu

Post by trotski_tgwu »

TWO EYED WARRIOR wrote:
Mr Noble also seems to be very pro caisley and will no doubt be using his considerable bull shit to make a few quid out of this
I was right then !

This is a pre-planned, pre-packed takeover.

The bulls will exist under another holding co or poss limited entity, the existing business will be liquidated simple as that.

As has been said by some players on twitter this is not very NOBLE of the club.

I wonder if TUPE now kicks in because the way noble has been announced is as a voluntary appointment ! Utter sphericals !
If TUPE does kick in when i newco is formed then i hope just like Glasgow Rangers the players walk away as free agent, just as they are entitled to do under TUPE. They do not have to join the newco if they do not want to.

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx

Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Sometimes this sort of thing is very good for an organisation and its employees (although obviously not the case here for those who've lost their jobs). The company starts with a clean slate under new (or sometimes original) ownership wiht no historocal debt burden.

For exmaple, if you own 50% of an organisation, you can let it go to the wall and step in at the last moment and buy 100% of the thing for far less than pruchasing the 50% you needed before. Plus you have got rid of the organisations debts.

However, and its a big downside, all the creditors are completely screwed. The big gainer in these things is the new owner (unless the business is a dead duck that can't be revived anyway)
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Predictably, the Iestyn Harris case has now entered the equation. That was 8 years ago ffs! Nothing but a smokescreen!
Jake

Re: Bradford

Post by Jake »

Sorry everybody I saw this earlier on the Beeb didn't see it on a previous thread (dingbat)

**moved merge p.s. you aren't a dingbat, you are wonderful xx anl xx
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

TWO EYED WARRIOR wrote:
Mr Noble also seems to be very pro caisley and will no doubt be using his considerable bull shit to make a few quid out of this
I was right then !

This is a pre-planned, pre-packed takeover.

The bulls will exist under another holding co or poss limited entity, the existing business will be liquidated simple as that.

As has been said by some players on twitter this is not very NOBLE of the club.

I wonder if TUPE now kicks in because the way noble has been announced is as a voluntary appointment ! Utter sphericals !
I think the point is TUPE doesn't exist because the old company goes bust so it is not being taken over.

So given the administrator made Potter redundant a new club could appoint a new coach without Potter being able to say his position wasn't really redundant!