Hock

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
TrueBlueWarrior

Hock

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Hock pulls out of the England squad for personal reasons, Liam Farrell called up as a replacement.
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
cow yeds

Re: Hock

Post by cow yeds »

Personal Reasons ?????????????
TrueBlueWarrior

That is the reason given on Sky Sports and Super League Website. Worrying?
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Clubs are not keen on players playing internationally, the players are because the payments have increased :wink:
TrueBlueWarrior

cpwigan wrote:Clubs are not keen on players playing internationally, the players are because the payments have increased :wink:
Enough said, should professional sportspeople be payed for playing for their country? Debate?
HGWarrior

Post by HGWarrior »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
cpwigan wrote:Clubs are not keen on players playing internationally, the players are because the payments have increased :wink:
Enough said, should professional sportspeople be payed for playing for their country? Debate?
No. As long as there is some compensation available if they receive a career threatening injury when representing their country.

That said, as this match is not a true representative match, they should receive payment as I am sure the Exiles wouldn't do it for free as they are representing no-one.
The future's bright

The future's Cherry & White!!!!!
cumbria_warrior

Post by cumbria_warrior »

Hope all is ok for Gaz, he has had a great season so far.
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

These matches are an absolute joke - they've already cost us one star player and could have a serious impact on our season - and for what? So 20 people can watch 34 players going through the motions?

I am just thankful that Sam won't be playing in this one.

"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

All Wuhan players can pull out for me, citing any reason they like!
y
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

Surely the fact that John Wilkin is captain should be a perfectly good reason to pull out.