Conspiracy theory

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
bocco

Re: Conspiracy theory

Post by bocco »

that would be a fact, the top teams at this stage in the season can pick &choose which matches they go all out in
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

Would prefer four. 1v2, 3v4. 1or 2( loser! Winner in final ) v3 or4 (winner) . 2 losers play off as the warm up for the GF. How many would come to see the top four in action and fans can book early because whatever happens their team is at O.T. Jim
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Hate play offs personally, true champions are the team that finmish top at the end of the season and it makes teams try harder in most games. Likewise promotion and relegation does.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

highland convert wrote:Would prefer four. 1v2, 3v4. 1or 2( loser! Winner in final ) v3 or4 (winner) . 2 losers play off as the warm up for the GF. How many would come to see the top four in action and fans can book early because whatever happens their team is at O.T. Jim
i would only go to watch my team
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

jobo wrote:
cpwigan wrote:Maybe players had bets placed
That thought did run through my mind after we'd lost to Widnes. I'm sure though it didn't happen as the bookies would have been screaming.

HC might have a point but I reckon it's Wane and Smith doing a Leeds and resting key players, introducing new players for what are nothing games.
I'm going to go further and suggest a Mulder and Scully investigation

What if the Bradford situation is simply the tip of the iceberg and there are one or two more SL clubs on the brink of bankruptcy? To keep interest "alive" and possible chances for other clubs to enter the top 8 (ie no runaway leaders or breakaway group) then strategic losses that mean little in the bigger scheme.

Said struggling club's fans/sponsors continue supporting in the vain hope they really are not as bad as the early season form suggested :doz:

A real curve ball - but we know many other clubs ARE struggling financially, so who knows??
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

cpwigan wrote:Hate play offs personally, true champions are the team that finmish top at the end of the season and it makes teams try harder in most games. Likewise promotion and relegation does.
for once you speak sense :wink:, agree 100% :thum:
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

Once all hope of the eight has gone what reason do you have to go. No relegation there is always next year.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

I reckon bradford and salford outscored their opponents.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

ancientnloyal wrote:I reckon bradford and salford outscored their opponents.
Me too, ridiculous thread in my opinion.
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Wigan Warriors No 1 fan

Post by Wigan Warriors No 1 fan »

Anyone who thinks these matches were fixed arent true wigan fans!
Bring back the biff!!!!!