merged Ben Thaler Thread

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
dave_highfive1

Re: Ben Thaler complaint

Post by dave_highfive1 »

Id say the referees in superleague need a massive overhaul.

The standard is absolutely rubbish.

I wouldnt say the referees single out Wigan but other people do definitely.

Such as:

Robbie Paul - Idiot who actually today said after 15 mins of the game something along the lines of "Well Leeds are now winning as expected and Wigan are playing catchup.

Stevo - Who never has a good thing to say about Wigan, or never jumps out of his skin to applaud Wigan.

Brian Carney - ex Wigan idiot, who never has a good thing to say.

This is blatently jealousy over the years.
Kiwiseddon

Post by Kiwiseddon »

Kittwazzer wrote:This post did not warrant a separate thread
I won't blame anyone for starting or commenting on a thread after tonight's debacle. We all deserve our say and our therapy in saying it. Because let's be honest, therapy is all it really is. None of our comments matter in the long run and I for one just want to get all of tonight's agony off my chest!
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Kiwiseddon wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote:This post did not warrant a separate thread
I won't blame anyone for starting or commenting on a thread after tonight's debacle. We all deserve our say and our therapy in saying it. Because let's be honest, therapy is all it really is. None of our comments matter in the long run and I for one just want to get all of tonight's agony off my chest!
Fair enough but there are enough active threads of people being pissed off to make your opinion known. No need to start a new one with every single thought!
jammie

Re: Ben Thaler .... and the rest of the RFL (exiles match...

Post by jammie »

when tomkins broke off our line he got us for two in the tackle which lead to baileys try,sure thaler waved play on in the background,and then changed his mind.
he was shocking today end of.
English by birth. Wigan by the grace of God.

neilwigan

Post by neilwigan »

Sorry it doesn't warrant a seperate thread I just wanted people to recognise my point and understand some other opinions
cherry and white,
it's in our blood,
ancient and loyal,
until we die!!!
follow me on twitter for the latest news from the sporting world and my views on them:https://twitter.com/N_Boardman
Also it would be great if you would check out my blog:
sportbloguk.wordpress.com
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Jules wrote:No ref is corrupt in the game, but they all have bad days.
Today was just a very bad day for the officials. Was he backed up in any way by his touch judges here? If one had made the call on either of the two obvious non trys, 2nd try and the obvious knock on, then he may have gone to the video.
Two teams were poor today, Wigan and the officials.
Leeds were excellent.
It does say something, and its only a crumb, that when WIgan play badly, and the officials give away 18pts to the opposition, we only lose by less than 10 to the world champions.

Fortunately we will have a proper scrum half for the rest of the season. But we really need Pat back and some better attitude.
Do you think match officials / sport organisers are objective? Personally humans are subjective beings, in any walk of life corruption exists.

Officials have been found to cheat in the past. I have listened to approximately 5 current/past Grade 1 referees and 1 Match official supervisor. The level of subjectivity / their antics beggared belief.

Ben Thaler needs to be asked 1). why he never saw the Maguire knock on despite being in line and less than 6 yard away and 2) why he chose not to check with the video referee.
Kiwiseddon

Post by Kiwiseddon »

cpwigan wrote:
Jules wrote:No ref is corrupt in the game, but they all have bad days.
Today was just a very bad day for the officials. Was he backed up in any way by his touch judges here? If one had made the call on either of the two obvious non trys, 2nd try and the obvious knock on, then he may have gone to the video.
Two teams were poor today, Wigan and the officials.
Leeds were excellent.
It does say something, and its only a crumb, that when WIgan play badly, and the officials give away 18pts to the opposition, we only lose by less than 10 to the world champions.

Fortunately we will have a proper scrum half for the rest of the season. But we really need Pat back and some better attitude.
Do you think match officials / sport organisers are objective? Personally humans are subjective beings, in any walk of life corruption exists.

Officials have been found to cheat in the past. I have listened to approximately 5 current/past Grade 1 referees and 1 Match official supervisor. The level of subjectivity / their antics beggared belief.

Ben Thaler needs to be asked 1). why he never saw the Maguire knock on despite being in line and less than 6 yard away and 2) why he chose not to check with the video referee.
I would argue that it's not about corruption but about keeping himself looking like he can make a decision. It's more important for him to make a wrong decision whilst looking positive than a right one whilst looking weak a la Alibert.
Thoughts?
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
JackH

Post by JackH »

dave_highfive1 wrote:Id say the referees in superleague need a massive overhaul.

The standard is absolutely rubbish.

I wouldnt say the referees single out Wigan but other people do definitely.

Such as:

Robbie Paul - Idiot who actually today said after 15 mins of the game something along the lines of "Well Leeds are now winning as expected and Wigan are playing catchup.

Stevo - Who never has a good thing to say about Wigan, or never jumps out of his skin to applaud Wigan.

Brian Carney - ex Wigan idiot, who never has a good thing to say.

This is blatently jealousy over the years.
Robbie Paul said that he had hoped Leeds took the lead and we had to chase it so that it was an exciting game, I remember.
El Bobbers

Post by El Bobbers »

I can understand referees have bad performances but today some of Thalers decisions were worse than bad. What upsets me most about this is Thaler will not be held accountable for a performance so poor it actually looked like he was deliberately making bad decisions. How can that be a "professional" performance?
Do the trees feel cold when the wind blows?
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

El Bobbers wrote:I can understand referees have bad performances but today some of Thalers decisions were worse than bad. What upsets me most about this is Thaler will not be held accountable for a performance so poor it actually looked like he was deliberately making bad decisions. How can that be a "professional" performance?
Thaler won't be held accountable because he can't be. Ever since the refs went full time we have too small a pool of referees to do much about anything but the most gross signs of incompetence. Albert so far has, I think, been the only SL ref suspended and he is an easy target.