widnes 10 london 24 leigh 7 wire 42

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
mike binder

widnes 10 london 24 leigh 7 wire 42

Post by mike binder »

thats ok i guess
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
jinkin jimmy

Re: widnes 10 london 24 leigh ...

Post by jinkin jimmy »

mike binder posted:
thats ok i guess
Apart from the fact that we are losing ground on the top 6!!
the grinch

Re: widnes 10 london 24 le...

Post by the grinch »

forget about the top six lets just concentrate on staying in super leauge! if the teams below us start winning we could find ourselves in a religation battle! we could so easily be 10 in the league right now and the way we have been playing we could have no complaints about it. im not happy where we are in the leauge but our first priority is to stay in the leauge. we will lose the next two games being realistic leeds away and stains in the cup away. but if we can play well and not pick up any injuries ill be satisfied. we are only just over halfway through the season and i cant wait for it to end!
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Read the other threads. Yes we could be 10th but we could just as easily be 3rd, or 2nd (sorry GeoffN!!).
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

But why should we forget about the top 6 when we're 7th, one place of getting into it? Surely a goal like this would bring our game up. We're by no means at all out of this competition. Forget the if thens, the fact is we are 7th
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

only problem then is points difference

London have a superior points difference

Not sure we can catch Bradford, Hull and Warrington unless we put in a real consistent run until the end of the season
the grinch

Post by the grinch »

if we where to scrape into 6 it would mean playing third place team away and in our current form that could be a disaster. "and on sky"! do you really want to see us in the 6. unless we can find some form and get on a roll 7 will be a better option.
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

At present I think the team would be happier to play away.

There is a massive weight of expectation when they play at home and you can see it

unfortunately was unable to go on Friday night (and couldn't give my season ticket away - think that says something about how they have been fairing)

From what I have read the performance was better but if we were to make top 6 no-one would be expecting us to do anything!!!!!!

Who knows then in knock out rugby
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Well even if it as a disaster (like last year at Leeds) it's better to get as far as you can, get a bit of extra money into the club and excede everyones expectations. I'd rather us finish higher and lose out in the play offs (possibly) than not get there at all.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

the grinch posted:
if we where to scrape into 6 it would mean playing third place team away and in our current form that could be a disaster. "and on sky"! do you really want to see us in the 6. unless we can find some form and get on a roll 7 will be a better option.
I THINK THAT WILL BE FINE TOP 6 GREAT CANT SEE IT BUT I THINK IF WE DO PLAYING WARRINGTON IN THE PLAY OFFS WITH A COUPLE OF MONTHS OF BASILS IN PUT BEHIND US WILL BE GREAT then hull r bradford fancy any of them at that stage after that sts and anything can happen then then we get murdered against leeds in final
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME