Salford Game Moved

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Salford Game Moved

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors' home Stobart Super League fixture against Salford City Reds will now take place at the DW Stadium on Monday 20th August with an 8pm kick off.

The game was originally scheduled for Friday 17th August and has been moved following the involvement of the Premier League and discussions between Wigan Warriors and Wigan Athletic. The new Football season gets underway with Wigan Athletic facing Champions League winners Chelsea on the Sunday afternoon, 19th August, in a game that is being screened live by Sky Sports.

Wigan thank Salford for their co-operation in agreeing to this change and apologise to any supporters for any inconvenience this may cause.

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent.a ... &type=news
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Owd Codger

Re: Salford Game Moved

Post by Owd Codger »

Surely it is time the two club's got together with the RFL and the FA to arrange fixtures on the opposite weekends so that with the exception of cup games, they never clash. After all, Its hardly rocket science.

As a result of this latest change, we have again got some of the childish idiot element of the Latic's support on the Wigan today website coming out with the usual nonsense about it being their stadium and the Warriors being tenants.
cow yeds

Post by cow yeds »

Just hope we don't have a farce during the play offs.
trotski_tgwu

Post by trotski_tgwu »

cow yeds wrote:Just hope we don't have a farce during the play offs.
ooow we will as no one at the club seems to have any bottle dispite what they tend to say ala IL as has been said its not rocket science to sort fixtures out to accomodate both teams

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx

Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Whelley Warrior wrote: As a result of this latest change, we have again got some of the childish idiot element of the Latic's support on the Wigan today website coming out with the usual nonsense about it being their stadium and the Warriors being tenants.
And no doubt the squatter's comments will be on RedVee. This is something that really pisses me off. We have as much right to the DW as the Latics as we pay our way. No way in the world could they support the place if they had it to themselves!
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Give me the DW any day rather then the second rate and unfinished Langtree Park.
cow yeds

Post by cow yeds »

Kittwazzer wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote: As a result of this latest change, we have again got some of the childish idiot element of the Latic's support on the Wigan today website coming out with the usual nonsense about it being their stadium and the Warriors being tenants.
And no doubt the squatter's comments will be on RedVee. This is something that really pisses me off. We have as much right to the DW as the Latics as we pay our way. No way in the world could they support the place if they had it to themselves!
Had a shufti this morning, not squatters now, someone calling us 'Rent boys'
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Are we really bothered what a bunch of " plastic" scousers and football loving schoolboys think? Rise above!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
stevethegas

Post by stevethegas »

I just don't get this. We're always told that anything under 24 hours is too short to turn the stadium round. So let's do some arithmetic and work out how long it is from Friday night to Sunday, and then how long it is from Sunday to Monday.
There won't be anything we can do except accept it grudgingly, but it makes no sense to me at all.
Stevethegas
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

Thought it was a stone wall cert to be on Friday when the moved the Latic's game to Sunday . Hotel booked and now down the swanny . How stupid is me . Will i never learn . :eusa17:
2002 and EW is hooked