Lockers Starts v Hull FC

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
TrueBlueWarrior

Lockers Starts v Hull FC

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Massive bonus, didn't know that was allowed if not named in the original 19, enlighten me please!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
TrueBlueWarrior

Re: Lockers Starts v Hull FC

Powell did well along with Smith.
Tomkins and Charnley looked sharp.
Jack Hughes does a good cover job at Centre.
Thornley safe in defence.
Props had the fumbles.
HH and Hock steady.
Lockers did well but went off early....?
MM fantastic again, my MOM.
George wants Pat back.
Farrell lively.
Tuson steady.

In summary, JOB DONE!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
TrueBlueWarrior

Peter Gentle = Good Bloke
stevo38

Post by stevo38 »

just love seeing waneys reactions to tries and mistakes pure class :D
trotski_tgwu

Post by trotski_tgwu »

Powell did to well

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx

TrueBlueWarrior

stevo38 wrote:just love seeing waneys reactions to tries and mistakes pure class :D
He literally lives and breathes every minute and he is a fan first and foremost because he reacts like a fan, very refreshing to see, love it!
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Powell did well along with Smith.
Tomkins and Charnley looked sharp.
Jack Hughes does a good cover job at Centre.
Thornley safe in defence.
Props had the fumbles.
HH and Hock steady.
Lockers did well but went off early....?
MM fantastic again, my MOM.
George wants Pat back.
Farrell lively.
Tuson steady.

In summary, JOB DONE!!
Even though he made a fumble I thought Moose had a very workmanlike game and Lauaki put good effort in too.
Matty Smith & Sam Powell settled in well together which looks promising.
TrueBlueWarrior

Yeah I agree PM, as I said on RLF Fans about Lima his handling was awful but he still carried regular and gained hard yards right to the end as did the others including Crosby. If they never would have had the fumbles except Moose we could have scored 60.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Yeah I agree PM, as I said on RLF Fans about Lima his handling was awful but he still carried regular and gained hard yards right to the end as did the others including Crosby. If they never would have had the fumbles except Moose we could have scored 60.
Lots being spoken on this site about Jamie Soward as a possible overseas signing, but I see Jeff Lima's workrate as a massive loss when he returns to Aussie next season. All last night he again repeatedly put 2 carries in most sets of 6, on top of being our heaviest forward.
Surely we need to look for a like for like replacement for Jeff Lima ahead of a half back.
Whats your thoughts.
TrueBlueWarrior

I am a massive Jeff Lima fan and he is what I call a present day prop, not the tallest or biggest but very very fit and mobile and turns fantastically well in the tackle, he will be a huge loss. We do have alot of good props in Mossop, Preccy, Eric, Flower, Dudson, Crosby and Spencer. Obviously Fielden is on his way out along with Jeff and the player we currently have in the squad most similar to Jeff for me is Flower although not the same quality obviously YET, I hope haha! I personally think he needs replacing although Sam Moa is not a replacement I would like to see for Jeff although I think he is decent. Looking at the props definately at the club next year we have at least 2 maybe 3 that are injury prone ie. Flower, Preccy and Mossop so for me a new Prop is essential and I would look at someone like...........ummmm..........Paul Gallen maybe? No seriously I don't know, no one stands out in SL!!