Wigan 48 - Hull FC 10

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Kittwazzer

Wigan 48 - Hull FC 10

Post by Kittwazzer »

Wow, never saw that coming! After last week's struggle, I thought we could get turned over tonight considering who we had out. Was anyone else relieved when Josh missed his 3rd kick avoiding the dreaded 16-0?!!!!

As it turned out, we blew them away in style. Without uncharacteristic fumbles from Eric, Jeff and H, it could have been 70.

Best bit for me tonight was Samm's debut and the rapport he has quickly struck up with Smith.

Good night all round! :D
trotski_tgwu

Re: Wigan 48 - Hull FC 10

Post by trotski_tgwu »

Yep and young sam was coaches MOM in south stand bar so i was told, not bad for his debut game

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx

Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

trotski_tgwu wrote:Yep and young sam was coaches MOM in south stand bar so i was told, not bad for his debut game
Just watching it on Sky now and he's certainly getting the plaudits!
Kiwiseddon

Post by Kiwiseddon »

Just a nod to Jack Hughes too. Thought he looked aggressive and that break he made to put Charnley in for his hat trick was class.
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Absolutely and according to Sky, 13 of our 17 were academy with 10 being actual Wigan lads. DaveO must be having palpitations! :lol:
bourbon_rat

Post by bourbon_rat »

Wigan close in on top spot :roll:

A headline worthy of Eddie Hemmings
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite
and furthermore always carry a small snake
- W C Fields
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

For the second week running, the BBC report has said that we have beaten a injury hit team. No mention of the many injuries we have got.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Whelley Warrior wrote:For the second week running, the BBC report has said that we have beaten a injury hit team. No mention of the many injuries we have got.
Eddie was the same but he did qualify his remark by saying such is Wigan's strength in depth that they can bring in talented youngsters to paper over the cracks!
bonnieboy

Post by bonnieboy »

We left Haydock at half past six to get there in plenty of time,but we got caught up in a traffic jam and some one said that a young lad had been knocked down near the ground,i hope he is alright,we missed the first try and got to our seats at quarter past eight.
BriH

Post by BriH »

Kiwiseddon wrote:Just a nod to Jack Hughes too. Thought he looked aggressive and that break he made to put Charnley in for his hat trick was class.
As I am a Hughes, I'm absolutely delighted to see a Wigan player called Hughes wearing a Wigan shirt!
He's not a bad player either! :D :D :D :D