Wigan 48 - Hull FC 10

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
trotski_tgwu

Re: Wigan 48 - Hull FC 10

Post by trotski_tgwu »

Kiwiseddon wrote:Just a nod to Jack Hughes too. Thought he looked aggressive and that break he made to put Charnley in for his hat trick was class.
Yes i thought young jack was great last night, in fact all the youngsters were, a lot of silly mistakes by our foreward and senior player but at least it worked out ok. Still concerned about our kicking game. Against Wire and Stains it could cost us, ok last night it didnt but i feel this is our biggest flaw.

In saying that, it was a joy to watch our young talented lads haveing a great game. Well done to them all.

I will probably get hunted for saying something posative and nice on here :lol: :lol: :lol:

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx

BriH

Post by BriH »

A very pleasing result apart from the schoolboy errors - forwards knocking on.
I was quite shocked the way our backs operated so smoothly given the absence of Tommy & Brett.
Bodes well for the future.
Nasties to beat Wire then us to beat the pair of them!
Is Lockers OK?
cow yeds

Post by cow yeds »

I'm not carried away with that performance. I thought Hull were very poor defensively, not what we were expecting from them. Did we play an unfit Lockers and will it make his injury worse??
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

bonnieboy wrote:We left Haydock at half past six to get there in plenty of time,but we got caught up in a traffic jam and some one said that a young lad had been knocked down near the ground,i hope he is alright,we missed the first try and got to our seats at quarter past eight.
It was a man in his 50s who got knocked down. Sadly, he didn't survive the accident!
trotski_tgwu

Post by trotski_tgwu »

Kittwazzer wrote:
bonnieboy wrote:We left Haydock at half past six to get there in plenty of time,but we got caught up in a traffic jam and some one said that a young lad had been knocked down near the ground,i hope he is alright,we missed the first try and got to our seats at quarter past eight.
It was a man in his 50s who got knocked down. Sadly, he didn't survive the accident!
Very sad to hear that, my thought go out to his family.

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx

platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

After the match 3 things struck me:
The dreaded goal kick problem,why not try Smith?

Is it me but i think Hock is having a dip in form?

How much we have missed Lockers
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

I wondered about trying Matty Smith at goalkicking as well.
He seemed to do some kicking at previous clubs.

Thought Lima's performance was really shoddy but Hughes & Thornley were very good.

If we keep bringing on young, local lads, we can dip into the overseas market very selectively for certain positions and that could mean a better distribution of cash under the salary cap to build a mostly English/British team for the long-term.

Now that would be revolutionary and great to see.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Southern Softy wrote: Thought Lima's performance was really shoddy but Hughes & Thornley were very good.
Possibly Jeff's worst performance of the season-maybe the hair dye had an effect!
Kiwiseddon

Post by Kiwiseddon »

I thought that the most pleasing thing about last night was how well the back line performed with two halves one on debut, one new to the club and not having played together before.
For me this was a glimpse of things to come. Powell didn't do much of his own back (apart from the opportunist try which he took really well). Smith was organising well and having watched the replay, he was constantly shouting at the players which is good to see. But on the whole, they looked a damn sight better than when Lockers has stood in at 6. It effectively means for me that we have 4 top quality halves in the squad all of whom have a right to play based on performance.
Every time I watch Smith I become a bigger fan. He's getting better and his support play looks really good. He was the only one who was in support of Mossop when he went through and he was sniping at the the line again to good effect.
Hull were poor and we were a bit sloppy but we scored some great tries and stil put 48 points on the opposition. And crikey it could have easily been 60.
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

God, absolutely spot on about MM, he was my MOM as I mentioned earlier in another thread, and yes definately my MOS so far!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett