More news

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Doveoverdave

More news

Post by Doveoverdave »

Fletcher out for up to 10 weeks

31 May 2004

In another body blow to the embattled South Sydney Rabbitohs, skipper Bryan Fletcher could miss up to 10 weeks with a knee injury suffered in an NRL round that has proved costly for several clubs.

The inspirational backrower will undergo an arthroscope on his dislocated knee on Thursday, ruling him out for a month - a stint that could extend to 10 weeks depending on the damage revealed.

Just pray we haven't got another on the books!
moran123

Re: More news

Post by moran123 »

i think wigan are cursed this season. They have had so many injurys. we signed fletcher before he even come to the club he has got an injury
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

That's fine by me, he won't play for 10 weeks, he'll have time to get himself back to fitness play a few games and then come over to Wigan.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

MrsLam posted:
That's fine by me, he won't play for 10 weeks, he'll have time to get himself back to fitness play a few games and then come over to Wigan.
Is this tongue in cheek?
Sculthorpe and Rads have been struggling with back/hamstring problems since last October or before and the pair of them are still not fit.

Once they are perceived to be fit they have quickly broken down again.

He may well return to the Bunnies fit, but he's no spring chicken and knees and hamstrings take longer to recover from when you're older. Believe me!
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Doveoverdave posted:
Is this tongue in cheek?
Ah, finally someone who doesn't go off on one at the sign of a controversial(ish) statement!
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
jackman88

Post by jackman88 »

Don't won't to ruin your pessimism mate but that injury was in 2004 if you read the date on it. Fletcher has been injured recently with a hamstring problem but he's back this week for the ribbitohs.