Relegation for wigan this season ?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
waterside glens

Re: Relegation for wigan t...

Post by waterside glens »

primrose-n-blue posted:
jinkin jimmy posted:
primrose-n-blue posted:

:doz: Fed up now
Good. Hope we never see you again.
Don't you worry about that! after this season you wont!

:lol: :eusa3:
look neither of us is going to win anything so run along and get your verbal nappy changed
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

waterside glens posted:
primrose-n-blue posted:
jinkin jimmy posted: Good. Hope we never see you again.
Don't you worry about that! after this season you wont!

:lol: :eusa3:
look neither of us is going to win anything so run along and get your verbal nappy changed
think he talks as an outsider with a bit of sense can see were struggling and he loving it but sometimes he as really good points
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
primrose-n-blue

Post by primrose-n-blue »

Thanx for that Mike.

:) :eusa2:
Wizard_Millward

Post by Wizard_Millward »

Back to the threads original topic, we also have to remember that, although we are a better side than the likes of Leigh, Widnes, Wakie etc. we have a much harder run-in until the end of the season as from now. But i for one beleive we will survive and be a team competing for silverware next season and for many years to come.
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

In any event there is a very good chance that no-one will be allowed up from NL1 because their grouds aren't up to scratch, meaning only 1 team will drop.

I believe Cas have been told to spend £300K on their ground to bring it up to standard, but they will not commit to it because they aren't guaranteed to be promoted.
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

heard a rumour about the being a rule if your chairman sname rhymes with horice dimysley you cant be relegated that was some wire fan never heard that 1 before have you :lol:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
primrose-n-blue

Post by primrose-n-blue »

I will give you some hope. I told you the story of this last year.

There is a back door in SL left by the loss of Paris...
When they went out of SL they were never replaced.

It's known that SL teams have the vote to be able to avoid a relegation yet still have promotion one from the NFP(NL1).
This has always been the case and wont change until 2009.
It means that the 13 clubs have the right to keep a team within the competition should they feel it would undermine the foundations of the league if they were omited.
This senario almost happened when Wigan went broke after failing to achieve an eleventh wembly visit!
You were eventually saved by JJB at the eleventh hour, but a SL without a Wigan in back then would have been a disaster for the sport hence the right of all SL clubs to be able to keep a relegated or bust team in the league.

Had Warrington finished bottom of the league a couple of years ago, i'm convinced this would have come into play with the SL clubs voting to go to a 14 team format and keep us in because of the very same reason that a league without Warrington would be quite damaging for the sport.

Castleford's relegation wasn't concidered to have any ill effect on SL hence their relegation and unsimpathetic blind-eye to their peril by the clubs who voted to keep the league at the same level of SL clubs..

A league without even this poor Wigan outfit will be a disaster and unexceptable for the clubs and it will have a massive hit on specator and sponser revenue.
moran123

Re: Relegation for wigan this ...

Post by moran123 »

it is a chance wigan are a good team but i dont think they are playing as good as they could
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

primrose-n-blue posted:
I will give you some hope. I told you the story of this last year.

There is a back door in SL left by the loss of Paris...
When they went out of SL they were never replaced.

It's known that SL teams have the vote to be able to avoid a relegation yet still have promotion one from the NFP(NL1).
This has always been the case and wont change until 2009.
It means that the 13 clubs have the right to keep a team within the competition should they feel it would undermine the foundations of the league if they were omited.
This senario almost happened when Wigan went broke after failing to achieve an eleventh wembly visit!
You were eventually saved by JJB at the eleventh hour, but a SL without a Wigan in back then would have been a disaster for the sport hence the right of all SL clubs to be able to keep a relegated or bust team in the league.

Had Warrington finished bottom of the league a couple of years ago, i'm convinced this would have come into play with the SL clubs voting to go to a 14 team format and keep us in because of the very same reason that a league without Warrington would be quite damaging for the sport.

Castleford's relegation wasn't concidered to have any ill effect on SL hence their relegation and unsimpathetic blind-eye to their peril by the clubs who voted to keep the league at the same level of SL clubs..

A league without even this poor Wigan outfit will be a disaster and unexceptable for the clubs and it will have a massive hit on specator and sponser revenue.
Good points fair play.

Remeber most of the SL clubs saved the Broncos and if we do go down i can envisage a senario where theyll have an extra team in for the start of next season. After all we take a big away attendace everywhere and some of the teams can not do without that source of income.
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

can see were all worried with all the post weve had,can you see sky letting us go down.Just means there be more games with little crowds not good for the cameras.as much as all the other teams dont like it they need our travelling fans who are not scared to dip in there pockets ,unlike certain sections of the tight sl fans.(i e only break mini bus loads to jjb) :eh:

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME