No Micky Mac, less penalties!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Matthew

Re: No Micky Mac, less penalties!

Post by Matthew »

When a side is so dominant, there are always less penalties - it also helps when the 4th official doesn't support the team that Wigan are playing and interjects every 5 minutes.

That said, Mossop was still penalised for a fair tackle and dozens of grapples from the dragons went unpunished. The amount of time that they were allowed to lie on for was ridiculous.
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

I am not scared to say it but if MM hadn't of been sent off last week then we would have done something similar to Stains (again!) as we did to Cats last night. Yes Stains started well last week but did not score and then we went 6-0 up and it should have been 12, they only scored when we were down to 12.
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:I am not scared to say it but if MM hadn't of been sent off last week then we would have done something similar to Stains (again!) as we did to Cats last night. Yes Stains started well last week but did not score and then we went 6-0 up and it should have been 12, they only scored when we were down to 12.
I'm with you on that one and said as much on a previous post. No matter what forum you are on there's always one "Eddie" who'll find something to pick at. Kol is the one in this instance, it's a fair comment, if somewhat well off key! Micky Mc has been outstanding this season, and will be sadly missed in the GF If we get there Kol.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
ragman

Post by ragman »

Kol wrote:Fact.
Fewer penalties - if you're going to be pedantic...