team for saints

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
AJ

team for saints

Post by AJ »

briscoe
ainscough
johnson
aspinwall
carney
graham
lam
scully
newton
oconnor
cassidy
tickle
hock

bench
c smith (if fit) if not - bibey
oloughlin
brown
farrell

Tipstar Champion 2002 !!!
DaveO

Taxi for AJ

Post by DaveO »

Faz on the bench AJ?

Given him and Graham were the best forwards on the park by a country mile V Leeds I can see your logic (not).

Oh I forgot, you are one of the "if we were rubbish it must be Farrell's fault" bigrade.

Or am I wrong?

Dave
AJ

Re: vaseline for dave

Post by AJ »

yes dave and youre one of the people who are so far up faz's backside, your tinted specs must give him serious stomach complaints!

i dont blame farrell if THE TEAM was bad, i blame him if HE was bad, and V leeds he was terrible

newton
sculthorpe
cassidy
tickle
& graham where all better forwards than him

he was playin in the second row, his job as a player in that postion is to
a: run the ball hard at the opposition - he did this a maximum of 5 times to my memory
b: to tackle well - arguably he did
but no where is any second rowers job to touch the ball in every play of six tackles nor to give hospital passes

everyone knows faz has two moves
1. sidestep back on inside
2. hospital pass
he did both of these several times on friday

also

lets not forget it was faz who was @ fault for burrows try, he went rampaging out the line - STUPIDLY - and left burrow a gap a mile wide to go through, then he turns round and blames cassidy, cant he hold his hand up!!

again i am not a if we were bad, it must be farrells fault - im a he is very overrated and overpayed, and theres alot better players we could have for the money brigade

we have been poor v wire and leeds, faz was back and attak has been stagnated, yes i grant u he scored a hat trick the week earlier, but agaisnt halifax, hardly anthing to be proud of, for a player of his standing

im sorry i dont rate him as a player, there by falling in line with this opinion dictatorship you seem to wish to operate with your footsoldier nitusa!

i will cheer him on as he wears cherry and white, but i dont have torate him as a player, as you dont with ainscough

i saw & heard two blokes storm out on friday with 15 minutes left saying - IM NOT COMING BACK TILL THAT F***ING FARRELL IS SOLD, HE ISA KILLING US!

dave it will run and run, some rate faz, some dont, but tell the last time he dominated any run of games, like a sculthorpe, johns etc and for his reputation he should
Tipstar Champion 2002 !!!
AnDy WiGaN WaRrIoR

Re: team for saints

Post by AnDy WiGaN WaRrIoR »

1.briscoe
2.dallas
3.ainscough
4.johnson
5.carney
6.o loughlin
7.lam
8.o'connor
9.newton
10.sculthorpe
11.cassidy
12.farrel<
13.graham

14.mark smith
15. tickle
16. bibey/craig smith (if fit)
17. hock
John M

Vaseline for Davey boy

Post by John M »

I fail to see why you have to bring me into it Nitsua.Are you Andy Farrells mum or something? Because you sure defend him like a spoilt little child.Since he returned hes blunted our attack.Even Raper said we where flat.

When Faz was injured i remember hearing you and Dave O shouting about how we needed him back quickly and how he would lead the team with his great captaincy.Well as far as i can see all he has done is the same that he did with Johns and O'Neill-pushed Nick Graham into playing all his game down the right.Before Faz came back Graham was covering the full width of the feild,now its just the right.Faz can be a superb second rower if he wants to be,he proved that in his early days at Wigan and for GB against NZ but at Wigan he knows they wont drop him and so he can play the game however he wants.He has always had wet dreams of being a play maker and until he stops trying to be the only Wigan player in the team i would demote him to the bench in place of a team player like Tickle.

I would also cut the vaseline out,it can damage rubber and cause splits.Your better off with water based Dave.lol.
Monie is God!

Long live Monie the king!!
jay&dianewarriors

Post by jay&dianewarriors »

before we start knocking people lets face the fact we just didn;t do it friday night as a team no point blaming players and lets not forget that leeds are not a bad team at the mintute and with wigan getting all these players back from injury its like a new team again we just need a bit off geling so lets just get behind the players in stead of knocking them
warriorjon

Re: Re: team for saints

Post by warriorjon »

I am not one to bag our players and I do think Faz is a good solid player but i would have to agree that I think he is over rated. I appreciate he is Wigan through and through and that he gives his 100% week in week out but he does not have the impact week in week out that the likes of Sculthorpe does consitantly. In saying that though i dont think he should be dropped to the bench he is still a very solid performer and doesnt let anybody down and every now and again he can prove to be a matchwinner just wish he played to his potential more often.
pk

Post by pk »

haha nice one AJ

we worship farrell uncondtionally when really i think we struggle to name him as one of our top 3 players? mine would be rads, lam, scully...i rate these three more essential than faz

o'connor and scully were the best 2 forwards against leeds easily...id say cassidy and faz were the worst!

its all opinions DAVEO but AJ is right that you wouldnt criticise faz if he was givin games away every week as you and others seem to have backed yourselves into little 'i love faz' corners and dont look at the team as a whole.

i wouldnt drop faz to the bench but i would tell him he is playing SECOND ROW and thus to stand outwide and be used effectively running onto the ball at pace and use his size to try n break through the line. and i would tell him if he carries on demanding the ball 5 out of 6 tackles then he will be dropped until he learns how to play in the position in which he is named.

at the mo its unfair on graham and o'loughlin who are second guessing farrell when he should be playing off them, they should be calling the moves and faz should be receiving the ball at pace outwide, not the other way round.
rugbynelly

Re: Re: Vaseline for Davey boy

Post by rugbynelly »

briscoe
ainsough
brown
johnson
carney
graham
lam
scully
terry
o'connor
tickle
hock
o loughlin

bibey/smith
m smith
farrel
hodgson
theres only 1 team in wigan
jackman88

Re: Re: Re: team for saints

Post by jackman88 »

I don't think that we should all worship the ground faz walks on, but i also think the same of paul sculthorpe. Having watched some st helens game this season, i have thought that his attacking play has been lacking much like farrel.

I feel that when players like faz and scully are put on a pedestal, they end getting marked out of the game for long periods of time. They also feel like everything has to go through them instead of relying more on their half backs.