A Joke!!!

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Kiwiseddon

A Joke!!!

Post by Kiwiseddon »

What an unremitting, throughly stupid season this one has been. I cannot believe that Leeds are the 'Champions' again and the RFL insist upon this utter joke of a competition.

Why are a side, happy enough to be as average as any other allowed to be in a position to win this competition??!!

This system we play in is a joke! I for one may not watch many of next seasons games as it's clear they don't matter.

I hate this competition and all it stands for.

Leeds are not champions. They finished fifth and let's not ever forget it.

What a joke!!!!!!!
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
Kittwazzer

Re: A Joke!!!

Post by Kittwazzer »

Correct Paul.

We have beaten Leeds home and away for at least 2 years. If people are planning to 'pick their games' next season, would they pick the Leeds match?

And if we win, will they leave the DW feeling we have achieved something?

Its all gone tits up! :angry:
100% Warrior

Post by 100% Warrior »

Agree 100%, how a team that only wins 58% of it's league fixtures over 2 years and has still been crowned "champions" is beyond me.

In that period Wigan have won 76% and Warrington 78%, I know out of those 3 teams which 2 deserve the "champions" label.

Super League is a complete joke, all it's proving now is that you can coast your way through the league season and if you peak for 3 weeks you become "champions".

Absolute farce!
jobo

Post by jobo »

Remember Brian Noble saying something along the lines of early season games don't matter. It shows to be honest why fans are becoming disillusioned with the competition, if not the game.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

CP. Do you still think McDermott is a poor coach?
100% Warrior

Post by 100% Warrior »

You do begin to wonder why even bother with the league rounds when they presently mean very little.

If you finish top you win a trophy that looks like a hub cap and receive very little credit for topping the table when in fact it's a huge achievement of consistent performance.

May as well just attend the play offs as it appears that's all that matters in this farce of a competition.
Kiwiseddon

Post by Kiwiseddon »

Now that I've calmed down a little, I must express that I've nothing against Leeds per say, other than the obvious, but I am seriously wondering why I would bother paying to go to see the whole league next season.

Leeds finished 10 points behind us. That's 5 wins.

They only had to win 4 games to win the GF. Scandalous!!!

The RFL better buck up, change their stupid attitude or f**k off!!!!!
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
100% Warrior

Post by 100% Warrior »

Kittwazzer wrote:Do you still think McDermott is a poor coach?
Obviously he knows how to get his team to play the percentages through the season then is able to get his team to peak at the right time.

Good coach? Who knows, but he sure knows how to use the competition structure to his and Leeds advantage.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Kiwiseddon wrote: Leeds finished 10 points behind us. That's 5 wins.

Paul. Someone on RedVee has pointed out that in the last 2 years, Leeds have collected 3 out of a possible 24 points against us, Saints and Wire.

IMO, that is beyond the realms of 'strategy' and close to bringing the game into disrepute!
Kiwiseddon

Post by Kiwiseddon »

Kittwazzer wrote:
Kiwiseddon wrote: Leeds finished 10 points behind us. That's 5 wins.

Paul. Someone on RedVee has pointed out that in the last 2 years, Leeds have collected 3 out of a possible 24 points against us, Saints and Wire.

IMO, that is beyond the realms of 'strategy' and close to bringing the game into disrepute!
Another stat to show how inept this competition is.

God I'm so sick of our game being ruined by money grabbers and hearing Wiggy and co shouting about history makes me wanna puke.

Can we just have an honest, decent bullsh*t free comp!!!!????
"K"