A serious replacement?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
El Rifle

Re: A serious replacement?

Post by El Rifle »

Geoff - I would have considered Radlinski as one of the best support players in the game...when we were winning games a few seasons ago rads was scoring loads of trys. True he doesnt make the breaks himself but he is always there in support and thats good enough for me!
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

El Rifle posted:
Geoff - I would have considered Radlinski as one of the best support players in the game...when we were winning games a few seasons ago rads was scoring loads of trys. True he doesnt make the breaks himself but he is always there in support and thats good enough for me!
I agree completely...I was making more of a comparison with the others in terms of taking up the ball after retrieving a kick, say. Wellens and Reardon are better in that department. Wellens' limitations in defence were shown up on several occasions in the game last night, as they were in the GB games. Poor positioning, poor one-on-one tackling and lack of pace.
Having said that, Rads has certainly missed Farrell's little kicks through, which brought him so many tries over the years.
El Rifle

Post by El Rifle »

I agree completely...I was making more of a comparison with the others in terms of taking up the ball after retrieving a kick, say. Wellens and Reardon are better in that department. Wellens' limitations in defence were shown up on several occasions in the game last night, as they were in the GB games. Poor positioning, poor one-on-one tackling and lack of pace.
Having said that, Rads has certainly missed Farrell's little kicks through, which brought him so many tries over the years.[/quote]

He misses farrell alright, doesnt everyone! yeah rads has never been a man to cut through teams returning a kick. I think apart from wellens and reardons obvious faults Rads reads the game better then any fullback around - probably why he has never needed blinding pace to make cover tackles. I tell ya one thing though, players like Rads make match winning plays in the big games that is what I'll miss most about him if he were to go. You can always rely on radlinski to do things beyond the call of duty....that tackle on Micky Higham comes to mind straight away!