Re: Changes to the league...i may have cracked it.

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Interesting concept. I'd be interested to see how last seasons tables would look applying that formula!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

It can't be any worse than the present way the game is run :exc:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

I wonder how the interest from the West Coast Pirates to enter SL will fit in?
THE Western Australian Rugby League is toying with an audacious idea to enter its West Coast Pirates team in the English Super League after rugby league's Independent Commission put its expansionary plans for the NRL on the backburner.
The WARL was one of several organisations, including those from Port Moresby, Brisbane, Central Queensland, the Central Coast and New Zealand, vying for a place in an expanded NRL.
http://m.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league ... 294vr.html
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
Ron Doran

Post by Ron Doran »

wall_of_voodoo - an interesting post. Can't see how it could work though can you?

'I am just going to have a game of rugger, be back in two weeks dear'
E.& O.E.
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Ron Doran wrote:wall_of_voodoo - an interesting post. Can't see how it could work though can you?

They plan to be based in the UK
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

wall_of_voodoo wrote:
Ron Doran wrote:wall_of_voodoo - an interesting post. Can't see how it could work though can you?

They plan to be based in the UK
Bring them to Cumbria, job sorted, we get a SL club here and all the moaning old farts who don't want Whitehaven, Workington & Barrow to combine will be happy
100% Warrior

Post by 100% Warrior »

Really like the idea of awarding bonus points on the basis of good attack and defence performances, surely this would help to prevent teams coasting throughout the season and only performing in the latter weeks.

Have you sent the idea to the RFL it could be just the ticket to fire some enthusiasm back into the league rounds.

I think if West Coast Pirates do relocate temporarily to Super League there's a strong possibility they could be used to introduce a 2nd French team such as Toulouse into the competition.

Personally I'd much prefer to see them used to bring a Cumbrian team into Super League, once the club is established traditional teams such as Barrow, Workington, Whitehaven could be used to produce local talent for the club.
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

mickw wrote:another team in super league we can shut the north stand for.
Jesus Moriarty... always with the negative waves :cool:

Probably draw more interest than the f-ing Broncos though :D
Because I don't "Boo"!!!