2013 World Cup.

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
100% Warrior

Re: 2013 World Cup.

Post by 100% Warrior »

My England squad for the RLWC 2013 would be:

* Starting players in capital letters

FB S.TOMKINS, Z.Hardaker
WG R.HALL, J.CHARNLEY, T.Briscoe, L.Cudjoe
CTR J.REED, K.WATKINS, R.Atkins, D.Goulding
SO G.WIDDOP, S.Ratchford
SH R.CHASE, D.Brough
PR S.BURGESS, J.GRAHAM, A.Morley, C.Hill
HK J.ROBY, M.McIllorum
2R G.ELLIS, G.HOCK, B.Westwood, C.Heighington
LF S.O'LOUGHLIN, K.Sinfield

In my starting 13 it would be either Lockers or Ellis as captain. I'd lean towards Ellis due to his NRL experience plus he's returned to Super League as a well respected player in Australia.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Ron Doran wrote:josie andrews - Thanks - again.

How is Stephen? on the UP I hope.
He started his first radiotherapy treatment today, the first of twenty!

Thank you for your concern :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
jasonnlouise

Post by jasonnlouise »

1 Hardaker
2 Charnley
3 Watkins
4 Reed
5 Hall
6 Widdop
7 Tomkins
8 Graham
9 Roby
10 Burgess
11 Ellis
12 Westwood
13 OLoughlin
14 Hock
15 Sinfield
16 Hill
17 Mossop
jobo

Re: "013 World Cup.

Post by jobo »

old hooker wrote:
southernpie wrote:Well for World cup we would hopefully call on some of the NRL contingent to take some of these places. ie Widdop, Reed, Graham, Burgess, I would definitely lose Ablett and Cudjeo from the current squad. I would have Daz Goulding in at 3 but Mcbanana doesn't seem to know he exists

Not that I agree with it, but as Macbanana has chosen Sinfield as his Captain, we need to be resigned to the fact he will play, therefore either Widdop or Lockers will have to make way for him. Thinking more of collateral damage I think there would be less damage if he plays 13

1. Sam
2. Josh
3. K Watkins
4. J Reed
5. R Hall
6. G Widdop
7. Myler
8. Graham
9. Micky Mac
10. S Burgess
11. G Ellis
12. Gaz Hock
13. Sinfield (c)

14. Lockers
15. Roby/Burrows
16. Mossop
17. Hill
18. Westwood
19. Briscoe
20. Morley
21. Hardaker
Sinfield before Lockers,Mcilorum before Roby?,cant believe you are serious.
Roby has got to be first choice hooker. Sinfield presents the genuine dilemna for McBannana. I'd put Lockers at 13 but Sinfield has something that's too good to be left out. He isn't our best number 6 or 9 or 7, nor is he better than other choices we've got for the pack but on form, he needs to be fitted in somewhere.
phild1

Post by phild1 »

look's a good squad on paper!widdop at stand off for sure he had a fantastic game grnd final with melbourne storm along side cooper cronk and they are tough encounters.sinfield is not a No;6 he is not a play maker but he can kick goals.hock is a big risk;needs to control the ball more and pick his man when offloading.roby has got to start at 9 ,lockers got to be in starting line.now how about sam?would'nt call him a fullback but in broken play he can cause havock.morley has done his shift leave it to some of the younger lads mate.westwood will knock em down all day harrison likewise :doz:
markill

Post by markill »

phild1 wrote:look's a good squad on paper!widdop at stand off for sure he had a fantastic game state of origin and they are tough encounters.sinfield is not a No;6 he is not a play maker but he can kick goals.hock is a big risk;needs to control the ball more and pick his man when offloading.roby has got to start at 9 ,lockers got to be in starting line.now how about sam?would'nt call him a fullback but in broken play he can cause havock.morley has done his shift leave it to some of the younger lads mate.westwood will knock em down all day harrison likewise :doz:
He doens't play in SOO as he is English, so I assume you just meant NRL.
Agree about Hock re needing to improve his selection when we play the big boys though - the errors will be punished more. Though you cna't bottle him up completely becuase you need the surprise he offers.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
southernpie

Post by southernpie »

Tongue in cheek time...my guess at Mcbanana's team

1. Sam
2, Briscoe
3, Cudjoe
4, Atkins
5, Hall
6, Sinfield
7, Chase
8, Morley
9, Roby
10, Graham
11, JJB
12, Ellis
13, Heighington

14, Burrow
15, Ablett
16, Crabtree
17, Carvell
This St Helens Defence is like a lollipopman at Brands Hatch -Ray French BBC TV Challenge Cup 1982

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-55dq ... Botica.jpg [/img]

https://picasaweb.google.com/nogireman/ ... SDELRUGBY#
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

jobo wrote:
old hooker wrote:
southernpie wrote:Well for World cup we would hopefully call on some of the NRL contingent to take some of these places. ie Widdop, Reed, Graham, Burgess, I would definitely lose Ablett and Cudjeo from the current squad. I would have Daz Goulding in at 3 but Mcbanana doesn't seem to know he exists

Not that I agree with it, but as Macbanana has chosen Sinfield as his Captain, we need to be resigned to the fact he will play, therefore either Widdop or Lockers will have to make way for him. Thinking more of collateral damage I think there would be less damage if he plays 13

1. Sam
2. Josh
3. K Watkins
4. J Reed
5. R Hall
6. G Widdop
7. Myler
8. Graham
9. Micky Mac
10. S Burgess
11. G Ellis
12. Gaz Hock
13. Sinfield (c)

14. Lockers
15. Roby/Burrows
16. Mossop
17. Hill
18. Westwood
19. Briscoe
20. Morley
21. Hardaker
Sinfield before Lockers,Mcilorum before Roby?,cant believe you are serious.
Roby has got to be first choice hooker. Sinfield presents the genuine dilemna for McBannana. I'd put Lockers at 13 but Sinfield has something that's too good to be left out. He isn't our best number 6 or 9 or 7, nor is he better than other choices we've got for the pack but on form, he needs to be fitted in somewhere.
I cannot understand the logic that although he is not the best player at 6,7,9,or 13 Sinfield should be found a place.Why? What magic talent has he got that would warrant him a place in the side? He has a very good kicking game and that apart he is slow,defensively suspect and there are several players who are certain of a place in the team that could captain the side.Because he has always been the blue eyed boy he has been tried at test level and never been able to hold down a place in various positions. Now at 32 he is being hailed as the man to lead us in the World Cup,i am amazed that although during his career he has never been able to hold down a regular international place,never been in the running for MOS either by sports writers or players he is now the answer to all our prayers.
100% Warrior

Post by 100% Warrior »

IMO Sinfield is a squad player but not good enough in specific positions to warrant a place in the starting 13.

Would you seriously pick him above Widdop, Roby or O'Loughlin?

Great player from a versatility point of view to have ready on the bench to fill in different positions.
southernpie

Post by southernpie »

old hooker wrote:
jobo wrote:
old hooker wrote: Sinfield before Lockers,Mcilorum before Roby?,cant believe you are serious.
I cannot understand the logic that although he is not the best player at 6,7,9,or 13 Sinfield should be found a place.Why? What magic talent has he got that would warrant him a place in the side? He has a very good kicking game and that apart he is slow,defensively suspect and there are several players who are certain of a place in the team that could captain the side.Because he has always been the blue eyed boy he has been tried at test level and never been able to hold down a place in various positions. Now at 32 he is being hailed as the man to lead us in the World Cup,i am amazed that although during his career he has never been able to hold down a regular international place,never been in the running for MOS either by sports writers or players he is now the answer to all our prayers.
If you read my post again, I said I don't agree with it but he is Mcbanana's blue eyed boy, no matter what we think or see, and now that he has been made captain, there is no way he will be left out. Therefore what would be the best position to play him at and at whose expense. We either lose Lockers defensive quality or we end up with no decent halfback to control the attack?
This St Helens Defence is like a lollipopman at Brands Hatch -Ray French BBC TV Challenge Cup 1982

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-55dq ... Botica.jpg [/img]

https://picasaweb.google.com/nogireman/ ... SDELRUGBY#