Andy Farrell Prints

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Owd Codger

Re: Andy Farrell Prints

Post by Owd Codger »

Have any of you asked yourselves why since his unsuccessful stint as a player in RU, he has never come back to our game as a coach and help our game?

What price loyalty these day's!

josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

When being interviewed on Sky Sports News yesterday he seemed embarrassed whenever they mentioned "the other code" he's words not mine :(
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

And why is this in the Web Warriors Forum? He doesn't play for us anymore or even Rugby League!

Moved to General forum seeing as they are RL prints!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
markill

Post by markill »

I don't see what the issue is here. I have no qualms with Andy Farrell other than his actions are a symptom of the world we live in. He may be a Union man now, but so be it - he'll be drawing a far greater pay cheque for himself and his family than RL could offer in this country at least, and probably anywhere in the world. And I really don't see how he can be considered to have poached or taken his son from our game. As far as I'm aware, his (at the time) young teenage son wasn't on the professional books of any rugby league club and hadn't created himself a career in rugby league when he moved to a new area and a new school where he wouldn't have had the same opportunities in league as he would in union. Not to mention, he would be going to watch his dad play union for Saracens and England, and not watching so much rugby league.

Andy Farrell has done nothing wrong and should remain in our hearts and minds as a legendary Wigan Rugby League player. Taking the opportunities given to him and taking his family, including talented but not at all fully developed young son with him, isn't a crime against our sport or our club. It shouldn't affect whether you buy some memorabilia with his face/name on it, or even wear an old shirt with his name on the back or watch him lift a trophy for the club on DVD.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

markill wrote:I don't see what the issue is here. I have no qualms with Andy Farrell other than his actions are a symptom of the world we live in. He may be a Union man now, but so be it - he'll be drawing a far greater pay cheque for himself and his family than RL could offer in this country at least, and probably anywhere in the world. And I really don't see how he can be considered to have poached or taken his son from our game. As far as I'm aware, his (at the time) young teenage son wasn't on the professional books of any rugby league club and hadn't created himself a career in rugby league when he moved to a new area and a new school where he wouldn't have had the same opportunities in league as he would in union. Not to mention, he would be going to watch his dad play union for Saracens and England, and not watching so much rugby league.

Andy Farrell has done nothing wrong and should remain in our hearts and minds as a legendary Wigan Rugby League player. Taking the opportunities given to him and taking his family, including talented but not at all fully developed young son with him, isn't a crime against our sport or our club. It shouldn't affect whether you buy some memorabilia with his face/name on it, or even wear an old shirt with his name on the back or watch him lift a trophy for the club on DVD.
Totally agree :eusa2: :eusa2:
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

platt-warrior wrote:
markill wrote:I don't see what the issue is here. I have no qualms with Andy Farrell other than his actions are a symptom of the world we live in. He may be a Union man now, but so be it - he'll be drawing a far greater pay cheque for himself and his family than RL could offer in this country at least, and probably anywhere in the world. And I really don't see how he can be considered to have poached or taken his son from our game. As far as I'm aware, his (at the time) young teenage son wasn't on the professional books of any rugby league club and hadn't created himself a career in rugby league when he moved to a new area and a new school where he wouldn't have had the same opportunities in league as he would in union. Not to mention, he would be going to watch his dad play union for Saracens and England, and not watching so much rugby league.

x 2 :eusa2: :eusa2:
michael inch stoke

Post by michael inch stoke »

cpwigan wrote:
platt-warrior wrote:

x 2 :eusa2: :eusa2:
x 3 :eusa2: :eusa2:
southernpie

Post by southernpie »

He will always be one of the greatest Wigan players I've had the good fortune to watch along with Ellery (who coached the scum)Giz and Billy Wizz Robinson (who both also joined the darkside).

I don't mind what any of them did to look after their families after they left Wigan RFL, (short of ruining WRFL) it's what they did whilst wearing Cherry & White that gave me the most pleasure and why they will always be remembered with joy and fondness.
This St Helens Defence is like a lollipopman at Brands Hatch -Ray French BBC TV Challenge Cup 1982

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-55dq ... Botica.jpg [/img]

https://picasaweb.google.com/nogireman/ ... SDELRUGBY#
devon jim 1

Post by devon jim 1 »

I can understand how you feel and had similar feelings myself but I now accept that he has done the right thing for himself and family. Owen is doing great in Union and it is really good to hear union pundits waxing lyrical about him in place of the so called great Saint Jonney Wilkinson. The Farrells are doing League Proud.