Re: RFL overhaul required

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Don't think we've even got a sponsor yet for the game!!!!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

To be fair, some of the cuts were planned in advance because there was a substantial allocation for training facilities.

But you're right - it smells of the 1-D thinking the RFL employ throughout. I'm sure they described the targets as attainable and their strategy as robust. I'd like to see the detailed figures. How have they targeted hard to reach potential participants? Girls? Ethnic minorities? Older blokes past it? People who can't commit to week-in teams because of work? Non-contact variations? Short quick tournaments?
Ron Doran

Post by Ron Doran »

E.& O.E.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Looks like a cop-out to me. The are not addressing the biggest rule issue that frustrates fans - the ball-steal. Decisions by the ref in this situation have far too much influence on the game especially seeing as they are just guessing most of the time. And not even an experiment to address this from the RFL. IF they have a problem, they ignore it.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆