SACK SW NOW

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ancientnloyal

Re: SACK SW NOW

Post by ancientnloyal »

Merged. Only room for one sacking thread
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Moaning or making up rumours about the team or coach seems to be a way of life with some supporters.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

29wes28 wrote:Another Kol vendetta.
I think Wane must have rejected him as a player at some time.
cow yeds

Post by cow yeds »

georgeorwell

Post by georgeorwell »

I just wish he would stop talking the hard man all the time, as though it's always someone else's fault. You never get the best out of players by constantly using the fear factor.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

georgeorwell wrote:I just wish he would stop talking the hard man all the time, as though it's always someone else's fault. You never get the best out of players by constantly using the fear factor.
some players need a kick up the backside, some need an arm round the shoulder. Wane has been excellent at picking the right way during his academy coaching.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

georgeorwell wrote:I just wish he would stop talking the hard man all the time, as though it's always someone else's fault. You never get the best out of players by constantly using the fear factor.
Spot on,he is full of bluster and does not seem to be able use any tact.I have never been a Wane fan(as a coach that is)and i agree that it needs a calmer approach on occasions.
markill

Post by markill »

old hooker wrote:
Spot on,he is full of bluster and does not seem to be able use any tact.I have never been a Wane fan(as a coach that is)and i agree that it needs a calmer approach on occasions.
Do we know how he speaks to players throughout the week though? He doesn't often seem to be raging when he says things like this to the press - his line is often along the lines of "I know we can do better than that and i'm disappointed that we haven't performed to the level we can and i'll be telling the players that" - doesn't mean he then goes in all heavy handed with all of the players.

Would it be better to come out and say "well i expected that because we aren't very good" or "i'll let them off for losing a game we could have done more in"
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
Second Row

Post by Second Row »

I think the jury is still out on SW,I am not his greatest fan, but would not call for his sacking yet.I have never doubted his enthusiasm for the job and the achievement of league leaders to me speaks more about the management team and trainers than SW, To me the missing element in his make up is Kudos which McGuire had in spades and to me this is what brings trophies
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't his contract up at the end of this coming season?
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield