Young woman assaulted after tonight's match

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wiganwarrior1

Young woman assaulted after tonight's match

Post by Wiganwarrior1 »

I was stopped by a young woman after tonight's match asking for help as she had just been punched in the back a couple of times by Wire fans. had to sit her down and get a steward who called St John's Ambulance. She said her spine was painful and couldn't feel her legs so they called an ambulance. Last I know is that she was put on a stretcher and taken to hospital as a precaution.
If anyone knows who she is and how she went on I'd be grateful to know. She is called Rebecca aged 19 and gave her postcode as M46 which is Atherton. She was at the game on her own.

Cheers
Leyther Pie

Re: Young woman assaulted after tonight's match

Post by Leyther Pie »

had my wing mirror knocked off by some wire fans too. Luckily a woman with her child saw them and shouted at them. She picked my wing mirror up and waited by my car for me. There are some scum out there
I've never felt more like singing the Blues
When the Wiganers win and the Leythers lose.
cow yeds

Post by cow yeds »

They are the worst fans in the league, proved it over the years.
Richymac

Post by Richymac »

This is just terribly sad and feel it gives all rugby league fans a bad name. Last season coming home from a match I live in Yorkshire so was at the station and met some giants fans on the train and had a good chat and they were nice guys. This is what rugby league fans should be known for. Yet there are always some idiots out there that ruin it for us
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

19 year old girl travelling all the way from Atherton. Probably worked all week looking forward to the game. Hope it doesn't put her off! :o
cumbria_warrior

Post by cumbria_warrior »

I must admit we seen some terrible behaviour outside the ground with drunken men screaming and shouting in the face of young lads about 16 year old. also banging on the bonnets of cars, these are the people that bring our sport down.
We had words with a small group of wire fans who thought it ok to throw drink over a group of kids, at least once they were told they apologised and give the lads a tenner to get some sweets.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Cumbria Warrior. I'm guessing the 'we' you refer to were bigger and posed more of a threat to the lads throwing the drinks?
cumbria_warrior

Post by cumbria_warrior »

kittwazzer, not really I was actually with the missus and a few other couples. just asked them what was the need to do things like that when we were all there for a good night and why target young lads not old enough to stand up for themselves. like I said they apollogised and I think it was a case of a couple of wire fans showing off as some of the group gave them a roasting once realised what had happened
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

cow yeds wrote:They are the worst fans in the league, proved it over the years.
I beg to differ with you cow yeds but I shall give the title of worst fans to the mob from Hull.But despite that this is the kind of thing that could possibly lose us the support of a young lady who probably tells her mates what a friendly bunch of folk league followers are.These are the type of supporters who will tell all and sundry that they played rugby themselves.My arse they did otherwise they would not be hitting some young girl.Whoever that lass is I hope she is okay and will return to our sport. :D
BriH

Post by BriH »

Wiganwarrior1 wrote:I was stopped by a young woman after tonight's match asking for help as she had just been punched in the back a couple of times by Wire fans. had to sit her down and get a steward who called St John's Ambulance. She said her spine was painful and couldn't feel her legs so they called an ambulance. Last I know is that she was put on a stretcher and taken to hospital as a precaution.
If anyone knows who she is and how she went on I'd be grateful to know. She is called Rebecca aged 19 and gave her postcode as M46 which is Atherton. She was at the game on her own.

Cheers
Absolutely disgraceful. Were these 'Wire fans' male? If they were, they aint men in my book.