Wigan v London Broncos

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cumbria_warrior

Re: Wigan v London Broncos

Post by cumbria_warrior »

All in all we were awfull at times all there tries came off silly passes again something missing at the minute
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Kiwiseddon wrote:
DaveO wrote:
cpwigan wrote: Irrespective of Sam being silly, Wane should not make a big deal of it in the media.
Agreed. He got fed a line by the GMR bloke and took the bait. Just not very media savvy.
I actually didn't have any issues with what he said about Sam. I think trying to avoid answering the question would have come across worse. As far as I could hear, he said that Sam was at fault, stated that he had been spoken to and then complimented Sam for his winning attitude and that he was a competitor who wants to win.
I really don't see how that in any way discredits Sam, SW or the club.
I think SW went on a bit too long. He should have just said "Yes, he was wrong and he knows it" but he let the commentator take it further than it need have been.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Kiwiseddon wrote: Robert Hicks wants a slap in the gob for being an ineffective, weasley turd of a ref.
he was absolutely god awful today. I never thought I'd boo Wigan pens but I did.
A good example of how bad he was, was when he finally put the Broncos on a final warning for interference at the PTB you just knew whatever happened one of their players was going into the bin. About two tackles later, off one of them went.
bonnieboy

Post by bonnieboy »

I went on Yahoo sports before and it said something about the ref Hicks having to face the panel over the sin binning of Sam,when i clicked on it it vanished and i could not find it again,as any one else heard any thing.
Kiwiseddon

Post by Kiwiseddon »

DaveO wrote:
Kiwiseddon wrote: Robert Hicks wants a slap in the gob for being an ineffective, weasley turd of a ref.
he was absolutely god awful today. I never thought I'd boo Wigan pens but I did.
A good example of how bad he was, was when he finally put the Broncos on a final warning for interference at the PTB you just knew whatever happened one of their players was going into the bin. About two tackles later, off one of them went.
Couldn't agree more Dave.
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

DaveO wrote:
Kiwiseddon wrote:
DaveO wrote: Agreed. He got fed a line by the GMR bloke and took the bait. Just not very media savvy.
I actually didn't have any issues with what he said about Sam. I think trying to avoid answering the question would have come across worse. As far as I could hear, he said that Sam was at fault, stated that he had been spoken to and then complimented Sam for his winning attitude and that he was a competitor who wants to win.
I really don't see how that in any way discredits Sam, SW or the club.
I think SW went on a bit too long. He should have just said "Yes, he was wrong and he knows it" but he let the commentator take it further than it need have been.
Very simple; "We (wigan RLFC) deal with such matters in private. Wigan RLFC always seek to show match officials the upmost respect." Wane is hopeless at deadbatting because I think he craves the attention.
Ron Doran

Post by Ron Doran »

cherry.pie - ''On the whole though, it was an absolutely appalling match, not really a contest even when the scores were close.''
This is after all the 'Bonding and poncing about during training'
E.& O.E.
mickh

Post by mickh »

Do you not think that Lockers should have stepped in and defended Sam in that senario, instead of slinking off and leaving him to fend for himself? Poor captaincy in my opinion.
He did come in, granted, but did not pursue the issue, a poor captain to let the referee dictate the rules which he wanted to adopt.
I would not expect the referee to be taking charge of a top tier game next week,
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Not really. Sam has been mollicoddled at Wigan for some time. Even in reserve RL, Waney would send Sam out before bollocking the team and/or avoid criticising Sam. As the marquee player at the club he is treated as such.

However, there was no need to make public comments that the media will seize up. IL deadbats anything / everything BUT Wane cannot seemingly do so.

The game, I was quite impressed by the ploy of using Sam as a decoy at times. Some nice plays for some of the tries. Ian Thornley used very well to make the most of his size. As an old League man I was brought up on 6 and 7 playing as a pair BUt modern RL I cannot see it doing anything but telegraphing where the play will go UNLESS you use both your half backs as decoys.

Oh forgot, fantastic effort by Lockers for his try!
Shaun1967

Post by Shaun1967 »

mickw wrote:
Shaun1967 wrote: You could actually hear Mossop shout "my shoulders out" to the physio as she ran on.
What was embarrassing about Sam wasn't just the petulant backchat, it was the way he stamped his foot when he realised Hicks wasn't going to change his mind. Id have slapped my little lad for that.

I was impressed with Thornley today. Thought Hughes had a nightmare in both attack and defence.
he was`nt stamping his foot in petulance he was demonstrating that he had a foot both sides of the dead ball line so get off his back.
I'm perfectly entitled to get on his back. Whinging to the officials is now a regular part of his game. I don't like it when Sinfield, Wellens, or Briers does it so I am not going to try to justify it when Sam does it.
While he was off the pitch we conceded 12 points. Against a better team that could cost us the game.
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS