ear pieces

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
ancientnloyal

ear pieces

Post by ancientnloyal »

Is it possible to wear a hearing device as a player under a cap or is it not allowed?
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
markill

Re: ear pieces

Post by markill »

I'm not sure if it would be too dangerous. Head get hit in challenges and on the floor when a player lands in a tackle etc. Don't see why its needed anyway, players should know what they are doing and water carriers are on often enough with messages anyway
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
nellywelly

Post by nellywelly »

ancientnloyal wrote:Is it possible to wear a hearing device as a player under a cap or is it not allowed?
Its the officials who need to make sure their earpieces are working properly, they dont seam to talk to one another at times when it is plain to see the ref has got it wrong and no one seams prepaired to correct him. I know the ref is in charge but when the game is televised and the fouth official has a better veiw of what has happened cant he say something to the ref. I am sure this happens sometimes but not as the rule and thus on tele replays the ref can be seen to have got it horribly wrong. Is this good for our game when many people who are not fans see this and question it
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

You can wear them but I think there specially made

Lad I used play with had them
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

They are banned in the professional game. Sean Long wore one once, when Millward was in charge at Stains. They got in trouble for it and were told that it isn't allowed. I don't think it's been done since.