Shaun Looks Ahead to Friday's Clash

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Shaun Looks Ahead to Friday's Clash

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors host Catalan Dragons at the DW Stadium on Friday night, 8pm kick off looking to build on successive victories against London at home and Castleford away.

Looking ahead to the game Head Coach Shaun Wane told us,

"They are a big aggressive team with good skill, they have strike all over the park. They have big front rowers and a team playing really well. We need to concentrate for 80 minutes but if we play like we did for periods against Castleford we will be under the pump, where we defended well for a set, then had a poor set and you can't do that against a team like Catalan.

"They are like us, they have been in a few arm wrestles this season and I think this will also be a tight game, the team that concentrate on their skill will win the game I'm sure and I think the Catalan Coach will think the same. If we can physically handle their middles then we give ourselves a chance of winning the game."

Friday night will be a special night for Winger Pat Richards as he makes his 200th Wigan appearance and needs just one more try to reach 150 for the Club. Shaun was full of praise for Pat Richards,

"Pat has been real quality and I think on Sunday at Castleford it was his best game of the season for us. He is a great player and he loves playing for the Club, his Wife and Family are settled here. Pat has been here that long I see him as a mate and as a Wiganer. He is also a great bloke off the field as well and he his in my Leadership Group this season,he has grabbed hold of that responsibility."

Stats - Information provided by Kevin Riley

Pat Richards will play his 200th game for Wigan if selected. He has started every game he has played in.

Pat Richards needs 1 try for 150 tries for Wigan.

Pat Richards needs 3 points for 1700 regular season Super League points for Wigan.

Pat Richards has scored tries in 4 of the 5 games this season.

Pat Richards has scored tries in 6 of the last 7 home league games against Catalan (12 tries)

Josh Charnley and Michael McIlorum have scored tries in the last two games.

Sean O'Loughlin has scored a try in each of the last three home games against Catalan.

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent.a ... &type=news
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
BriH

Re: Shaun Looks Ahead to Friday's Clash

Post by BriH »

I agree with everything said about Pat: our unsung hero!
One of the most consistent overseas player we have had.
I hope he stays fit and stays at Wigan for a few more years.