Proud

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
KaylaRobbo

Re: Proud

Post by KaylaRobbo »

Also proud of the Wigan fans coming out with the positivity on this thread. We've been having too many downers on here over the last six months under the 'lets have a reality check' banner. Reality is we have a new, young team who have a bloody good chance of becoming a great team given time. I think there's some real potential showing through especially looking at last nights match and you can sense the passion on the forum now. I think that even though it was a loss to a big rival there was a touch of excitement of whats still to come. Loving it - bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

:roll: Each to their own. I am guessing the players take far far less pride from being galant losers than some of our own fans. Politicians who never played sport espoise the virtue that it is the taking part that counts. Personally, I think it is a load of bollocks but hey ho.
Wes

Post by Wes »

Just got back from Leeds on the ale trail and phone had died, we looked very average against Leeds from the ground, Taylor showed signs and Dudson was mega but we lacked any spark or killer instinct, Leeds only looked dangerous in broken play other than that they where awful could read the game a mile off. Watkins and hall where by far the difference.
KaylaRobbo

Post by KaylaRobbo »

You know what? You're right - each to their own. But the title of this thread was proud. Maybe if you're not then you should be on one of the other negative threads (of which there appears to be many). You have some really good comments on this forum cpwigan as does wes but please leave us lot who are trying to look towards the positive a little grain of hope....... It's like finding out Father Christmas isn't real all over again ha ha :wink:
the winky one

Post by the winky one »

josie andrews wrote:Well done to those young lads who came in & stood up to the Whinos.

Our kicking let us down & the few mistakes, but all credit to the team tonight.

Not watched it back yet, not long got back, but I thought the referee seemed inconsistant in his decisions :(
Very unlucky at the end with the knock on..just a couple of small things that let us down but we are still second.
let's not turn on each other..we have enough of that from opposition fans... :roll:
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

You can't knock Fridays effort.
I don't think any team could manage without four first choice forwards and their main strike player. With a bit of luck and the poor decision from the Farrell ball strip we could have won that game. I think we all suspected that it maybe a game too far for some of that pack, but they gave it their all. We've been beaten more heavily with more experienced teams than turned out on Friday.
10/10 for effort, 7/10 for execution.
Wes

Post by Wes »

KaylaRobbo wrote:You know what? You're right - each to their own. But the title of this thread was proud. Maybe if you're not then you should be on one of the other negative threads (of which there appears to be many). You have some really good comments on this forum cpwigan as does wes but please leave us lot who are trying to look towards the positive a little grain of hope....... It's like finding out Father Christmas isn't real all over again ha ha :wink:
I thought Burke didn't get enough minutes if I'm honest but as for positives, Thornley is looking excellent in the centre spot, Taylor started to look like a forward, Crosby and Dudson. Green was excellent in the 1st half but didnt do much in the 2nd but he is a massive positive and has taken over from Finch at being a general and the players listen.

Ps we actually have a kicker to replace Pat.
Wes

Post by Wes »

Hope that's me back as an optimist lol.
KaylaRobbo

Post by KaylaRobbo »

Thats exactly what I'm trying to say (although not in a great way obviously). Not falling out with anyone - as I said I enjoy both yours and 'Cpwigans' postS - but can we keep at least one thread positive please?

If I was a player and touched on this forum I think I'd be looking to shift allegiances to a team that are more positively supported.

If I was an opposition fan I'd be thinking us fans are our own worst enemy and that they don't need to have a go cause we do it all on our own!
KaylaRobbo

Post by KaylaRobbo »

BTW - 29wes28 - you're back on Team Positive in my books ha ha :lol: