Wigan Warriors: My depleted team gave their all against the Saints - Agar!!!

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Wigan Warriors: My depleted team gave their all against the Saints - Agar!!!

Post by josie andrews »

THERE will be no despondency in Wakefield Trinity Wildcats’ camp as they prepare for Friday’s visit of Leeds Rhinos, coach Richard Agar says.

The 52-18 defeat at St Helens four days ago extended Wildcats’ winless run to four matches, but Agar was proud of the way his under-strength side performed.

“I was really pleased,” the coach said. “Our effort, spirit and commitment were tremendous.

“The scoreline blew out in the last 15-20 minutes and a lot of class from the other team told on the scoreboard at the end of the day.

“But to go there with such a depleted team and so much experience and quality missing, I think every one of our players can say they have given their all.

“As a coach that’s all you ask for. For an hour, or a little bit more, we were very competitive and we gave everything.

“And it wasn’t just effort and commitment, I thought we played some very good stuff at times.

“I can take lots of positives from it, we were really pleased with lots of the things we did.”

Young forward Chris Annakin could be in line to face Leeds after an impressive display against Saints.

“He is growing in confidence playing first-grade,” Agar said. “He put a great stint in against Saints.”

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/s ... -1-5505818
Talk about bad reporting!!!!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan