American football

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
Mrs Lifter

American football

Post by Mrs Lifter »

I don't know a great deal about American football but i am a massive fan of "Friday Night Lights" i've watched every episode so far of 4 series.For those of you who understand the game how true is the image that the program portrays?
In particular the enormous importance given to school football in the media both locally and nationally.
And as a way of developing our game and expanding would it be feasible to employ that model here to encourage RL to be played in more schools and at grass roots level to increase popularity up and out instead of just transplanting a superleague team into somewhere.
Perhaps with a Sky channel dedicated to school rugby? with a big enough cash prize just for the school PE dept.
or the enticement of a draft process into superleague?
keptinthedarkfans

Re: American football

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

I can see where your comming from with this idea. But television would not even consider promoting a game at grass root level when promoted so very poorly be our rfl at top level.We can all dream though that some one will grasp that rl needs to be networked by professional commited team and not a load of ex hasbeens trying to steal a living.
CougarDeb

Re: American football

Post by CougarDeb »

American football at schools and college level has a huge following, this years College Rose Bowl final had an attendance of over 93,000. They have their own radio stations, websites for schools football etc. We are so far behind in terms of publicity, advertising and fan base even at Superleague level that our TV companies would not even entertain the thought of anything you suggest good idea or not I'm afraid.

No Money.... No Honey