Vaealiki being released???

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Vaealikis Girl

Re: Vaealiki being release...

Post by Vaealikis Girl »

Exiled Wiganer posted:
By the way, VG, Hopkins looks very good at London, not big but mobile and a great line breaker...
Thanks for that update, always like to hear about our ex-players. If i could get back one player for Parra from last years squad, besides Vaealiki of course, i think it would be Hopkins. I have a huge amount of respect for this guy and it was a mistake to let him go
We'll miss you Freshy!!! Please come back!
damien morrissey

Post by damien morrissey »

I cannot see the problem people have with DV he looked yhe only back who had any sense of what it takes to get over the try line because without him this task has proved very difficult. I saw him play NRL and he was a handy player but i dont think he was fully fit at the beginning of the season.
big ears

Post by big ears »

i agree but isn't this a sad state
damien morrissey

You are absolutly correct this is sad. I think that millward will get this sorted for next season and to be honest i wish there were more players like DV avaliable young strong and able to create a try from nothing as he has done this season and in Aus. If we could sign some players in our key positions to fall into the above criteria I would start to belive that this club is rebuilding not signing 32yr old forwards but i am waiting to eat my words on that last comment.( I hope.)
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

damien morrissey posted:
I cannot see the problem people have with DV he looked yhe only back who had any sense of what it takes to get over the try line because without him this task has proved very difficult. I saw him play NRL and he was a handy player but i dont think he was fully fit at the beginning of the season.
His problem was not with going forward, although I thought he was quite inconsistent, he gave some great passes for Dallas, although I think Dallas had a fair bit to do himself because DV didn't exactly make a huge amount of space for him. To begin with his defence was absolutely shocking, Wigan pride themselves (usually) on good defence, he was leaving the line, getting into the wrong position quite frequently. I was quite pleased just before he got injured because he looked like he was getting a lot better, hopefully he'll carry on where he left off when he comes back.
damien morrissey

I am forced to agree that it was a poor start defensively but as i said he did not look fully fit.As a result of this he was the single back player driving us forward so no wonder he was poor in defense. As you have stated he was looking the part just before he got injured this is what we all saw in him from his NRL days. He wasnt making much space for king brett because the forwards wernt doing there job properly and the opposition felt comfortable spreading there forwards around due to our lack of penetration up the middle. If we release him it will signify another massive step back for the club.