Wigan v Widnes

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Kittwazzer

Wigan v Widnes

Post by Kittwazzer »

38-0 at half time.

Meadowlark Lemon warming up to come on for Wigan in second half! :D
Kiwiseddon

Re: Wigan v Widnes

Post by Kiwiseddon »

Widnes were very average but we were about as good as I've ever seen us. You can only play what's in front of you and we played some absolutely stunning rugby.
I don't think a single player had a poor game and the vast majority had very good games. It was a day where almost everything came off.
Brilliant lads, well done!
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

:conf: Apologies I guess.

Brilliant against a very poor team for 2/3rds of the game. After that we took our foot off the gas and missed a real opportunity to destroy Widnes by 70 / 80 maybe more and for Josh to break the SL match try scoring record. Baere mininmum would have been to nil Widnes.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Widnes got monkeyfied in the last quarter. Had it not been for that, I reckon we would have got your 70/80-Nil!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Excellent demolition on Wigan Vikings :wink:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Even Betts admitted that Josie. He seemed at a loss what to do next considering they are up against Wire & Leeds next!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Only just got home & settled down to watch it on sky + so I've not heard both coaches comments yet.

Just hope Lockers is ok! Must have been bad for him to stay down & then go off :(
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

mickw wrote:Anybody know what's wrong with Sean o,loughlin.
Nowt I don't think. He was spoken to after the game. Said he took a knock to the ribs and with the score as it was, didn't feel needed any more with Stains being next up!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Hopefully precautionary. Micky Mac got a long rest too. It made no sense to keep Lockers out there IMO.
loyalbelfast

Post by loyalbelfast »

good throwing about of the ball with lots of sweeping moves enjoyable to watch but against what poor opposition to say the least!!

It all comes down to how we get on against the "better" teams
(2 losses & a draw so far!)

Good Friday will be another test on how this season will end up,better players to the ones we have now have moved on, is it a trophy winning team we have this season just not sure about that due to the lack of the "X-factor" players wearing the famous shirt

Ancient & Loyal (just like Belfast)