Wigan v Widnes

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ancientnloyal

Re: Wigan v Widnes

Post by ancientnloyal »

We are averaging conceeding 12 points per match currently which is similar to 2011 and 2012 in some parts.

For - 259
Against - 101
+158 - I think the next best is Wire on +80. There used to be a time when Leeds, Saints and the like could rack up huge scores against clubs and somehow Wigan couldn't, now it seems we can do it at will against lesser opposition.

It's just top 4 sides we need to be ready for: Leeds, Saints, Wire, Huddersfield (and Catalans depending on their mood)

Looking good but GF is a key milestone for us.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Think young Logan Tomkins is really improving the more game time he is getting :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

josie andrews wrote:Think young Logan Tomkins is really improving the more game time he is getting :)
He has come on a bundle Josie. All the youngsters look far better for getting the extra opportunities. I hope we keep resting senior players as and when and giving the youngsters game time.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I enjoyed that enormously. Indeed, I am really enjoying this year. Wane coaches us to play beautiful rugby.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Exiled Wiganer wrote:I enjoyed that enormously. Indeed, I am really enjoying this year. Wane coaches us to play beautiful rugby.
The question is Exiled can beautiful be winning RL

(A SL GF / CC Final)

?

Watched a very interesting NRL Discussion Show where it was pointed out that a faster, cleaner POTB will see and is seeing more scooting, hitting balls as flat as possible with minimum passes. It has alweays been so IMO

We are following suit in SL re; officiating where the clamour is fast clean POTBs. We already know that conservative RL has won Leeds 2 successive GFs.

Can Wigan defy convention or will we have to be satisfied with brilliant RL against poor teams in less meaningful games?
cumbria_warrior

Post by cumbria_warrior »

I think a few need to give credit where it is due. alot on here almost wrote us off this year with the amount of kids in the team, (I was not too hopefull either) but they are really standing up and being counted. Keep it up lads
the winky one

Post by the winky one »

The half back pairing seems to have gelled pretty quickly and I think that's always been a problem in the past...by the time they've gelled the season is almost over....true Widnes were pretty dire but no one feels sorry for us....ever....hope we play like this on Fri... :doz:
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Cp, were the coaches comments on the radio?
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

josie andrews wrote:Cp, were the coaches comments on the radio?
No Josie not to my knowledge.

Hey folks I am tipping Wigan to win the SL GF, possibly out of loyalty BUT I see little to fear from any of the teams in SL and the current spate of injuries is IMO a blessing in disguise. I hope we do not play players half fit or simply fatigued for the rest of the year.

The young players we have are quality players, they will only get better the more game time they get. We just need to we ensure Sam, Lockers and Green are fully fit when it matters.
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

cpwigan wrote:
josie andrews wrote:Cp, were the coaches comments on the radio?
No Josie not to my knowledge.

Hey folks I am tipping Wigan to win the SL GF, possibly out of loyalty BUT I see little to fear from any of the teams in SL and the current spate of injuries is IMO a blessing in disguise. I hope we do not play players half fit or simply fatigued for the rest of the year.

The young players we have are quality players, they will only get better the more game time they get. We just need to we ensure Sam, Lockers and Green are fully fit when it matters.
And Mickey Mac also, for any number of reasons.