Micky Mac

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
BriH

Re: Micky Mac

Post by BriH »

gillysmyhero wrote:Medlock I don't think Micky mac has taken over any thing at all and as for first man in with fist flying I don't think he's been that bad at all so far this season. And if I'm honest I like the fact that when he needs to get stuck in he does do. He seems to be a lot more controlled with his aggression this seasnon.And his pyhsical side dominates his oppersit numner.
I agree.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

:eusa16: I have no problem with the way he plays or his aggression on the pitch, if somebody gives him a dig then fair enough give him a dig back or sort him out with a tasty tackle, it's when others are have been hard done to, he always seems to be the first in giving someone a slap, there is no need :exc:
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

One poster calls him a thug then goes on to say what the likes of Scully, Hooper, Graham & Fozzard would have done to him.

Oh the irony!
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Just been making a list out for names of people to be in a trench with me:
1. Michael McIlorum.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Wandering Warrior wrote:Just been making a list out for names of people to be in a trench with me:
1. Michael McIlorum.
1. Michael McIlorum.
2. Sam. Then he could say "great shot. Between you and me.....etc
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Wandering Warrior wrote:Just been making a list out for names of people to be in a trench with me:
1. Michael McIlorum.
2. or Equal First Mrs McLlorum

Trust me she has a ferocious reputation :D

Mac is actually very disciplined this season. I would have (England/GB) Roby on the bench to alternate but Mac is the one I would want in the tough starting period.
sheepdip

Post by sheepdip »

I have been impressed with all aspects of McIlorum's approach this season and all credit to him. It's obvious what the problem was both on a disciplinary level and now it appears on a performance level. It is only now Hock has gone that it has become apparent how bad an influence he was on the whole team not just the forwards.
"A STRONG LEEDS IS GOOD FOR THE GAME" (Gratian, H 2006)
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

sheepdip wrote:I have been impressed with all aspects of McIlorum's approach this season and all credit to him. It's obvious what the problem was both on a disciplinary level and now it appears on a performance level. It is only now Hock has gone that it has become apparent how bad an influence he was on the whole team not just the forwards.
That's a bit of a leap!
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Kittwazzer wrote:
sheepdip wrote:I have been impressed with all aspects of McIlorum's approach this season and all credit to him. It's obvious what the problem was both on a disciplinary level and now it appears on a performance level. It is only now Hock has gone that it has become apparent how bad an influence he was on the whole team not just the forwards.
That's a bit of a leap!
I agree with Sheepdip, Hock was a massive disruption on the side
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Kittwazzer wrote:
That's a bit of a leap!
It is a very spurious and false allegation. Hock had zero influence upon other players in the team. The links to Micky Mac beggars belief, the Mac you see now is far more controlled than he was coming through the system whereupon he had virtually no contact with Hock. It could be argued that Wane had much more influence and by your ill thought logic is to blame for Macs discipline. Clearly not so but it shows how silly your thinking is.

Mac comes from a tough hard bred family and as I previously stated even his mother is fiery and can handle herself. IIRC, Leeds had discipline issuers that saw Mac come to Wigan. I daresay Hock was to blame for a 16 year old lad from Leeds having isasues at Leeds Rhinos too :roll: