Green hoping for Exiles call

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Green hoping for Exiles call

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan stand-off Blake Green has his eyes on playing for the Exiles in the International Origin test against England on June 14th.

Green, 26, is in his first year with the Warriors having spent two seasons with Hull KR.

Writing in his blog on the club's official website, Green said: "Brian McClennan was recently announced as coach of the Exiles team and I'm looking forward to that game this year, I think it's a great concept and yeah, I'll be honest, I suppose I'm hoping for a call up too.

"Obviously my form will have to warrant that and my priority is Wigan but if I'm playing well here and we're at the top of the ladder where we want to be then hopefully I will get a look in at the number six jersey.

"I'm happy with how things are going with Matty (Smith) at the moment but we both want to keep improving as the season goes on."

Former Wigan half-back Thomas Leuluai and Daniel Holdsworth, now at Hull, were named in the stand-off position for the Exiles last year, with Scott Dureau playing scrum half in both games.

In 2011, Leuluai was named at seven, while Rangi Chase played at stand-off, just months before he went on to make his England debut.

http://www.loverugbyleague.com/news_115 ... call.html?
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
100% Warrior

Re: Green hoping for Exiles call

Post by 100% Warrior »

Don't really care about the Exiles games, all it does is remind me that we lost both Tommy (for quite a few weeks) & Josh due to injuries caused in that game.

Certainly didn't help our preparations for the cup semi vs the Whinos.

Rather our lads gave those games a wide berth.
jobo

Post by jobo »

100% Warrior wrote:Don't really care about the Exiles games, all it does is remind me that we lost both Tommy (for quite a few weeks) & Josh due to injuries caused in that game.

Same here.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

jobo wrote:
100% Warrior wrote:Don't really care about the Exiles games, all it does is remind me that we lost both Tommy (for quite a few weeks) & Josh due to injuries caused in that game.

Same here.

Ditto :exc:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

All the players we have should have a mystery injury that ends just after the final whistle of the exiles game. TL injury cost us last season we were never the same after it for various other reasons but that was one of them.
southernpie

Post by southernpie »

josie andrews wrote:Wigan stand-off Blake Green has his eyes on playing for the Exiles in the International Origin test against England on June 14th.

Green, 26, is in his first year with the Warriors having spent two seasons with Hull KR.

Writing in his blog on the club's official website, Green said: "Brian McClennan was recently announced as coach of the Exiles team and I'm looking forward to that game this year, I think it's a great concept and yeah, I'll be honest, I suppose I'm hoping for a call up too.

"Obviously my form will have to warrant that and my priority is Wigan but if I'm playing well here and we're at the top of the ladder where we want to be then hopefully I will get a look in at the number six jersey.

"I'm happy with how things are going with Matty (Smith) at the moment but we both want to keep improving as the season goes on."

Former Wigan half-back Thomas Leuluai and Daniel Holdsworth, now at Hull, were named in the stand-off position for the Exiles last year, with Scott Dureau playing scrum half in both games.

In 2011, Leuluai was named at seven, while Rangi Chase played at stand-off, just months before he went on to make his England debut.

http://www.loverugbyleague.com/news_115 ... call.html?
No No No No No No NO NNOOO

Did we not learn our lesson with Tommy and Josh last year

AAAARRRGGGHHHH :exc: :exc: :with:
This St Helens Defence is like a lollipopman at Brands Hatch -Ray French BBC TV Challenge Cup 1982

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-55dq ... Botica.jpg [/img]

https://picasaweb.google.com/nogireman/ ... SDELRUGBY#
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Dreading it!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

thegimble wrote:All the players we have should have a mystery injury that ends just after the final whistle of the exiles game. TL injury cost us last season we were never the same after it for various other reasons but that was one of them.
They don't need to. Wigan hold their contracts, Wigan pay their wages. The RFL have no call on the players. Mr Lenegan should get them all together and tell them they are not, under any circumstances, allowed to play in the ridiculous exiles games. For either side.
If that means our lads don't get selected for the world cup, so much the better. More rest and recuperation before pre season training 2014.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09