Pat Richards

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Pat Richards

Post by josie andrews »

Paddy has gone home to Sydney this midweek to attend his brothers wedding.

News via Bilko
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Re: Pat Richards

Post by josie andrews »

Sorry forgot to say that he will be back :) He's only gone for the day :lol:
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
markill

Post by markill »

Should we rush him back? He is one of the older members of the squad so a few days off training wouldn't hurt him I'm sure. Though, if Josh is out I guess we have less scope for letting that happen
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Richards goes the extra mile

Wigan winger Pat Richards, Super League's leading scorer this season, is set to face Wakefield on Sunday despite undergoing a 24,000-mile round trip this week.

Richards flew home to Australia on Tuesday for his brother's wedding but is due to arrive back on Sunday morning - just hours before the Super League leaders' next match at the DW Stadium.

"He's the best man at his brother's wedding so I didn't want to stop that happening," Wigan coach Shaun Wane told the Wigan Evening Post.

"He's been outstanding for me, his form this season has been the best I've known it in terms of consistency and this is a chance for me to repay him and support him."

Richards, Super League's Man of Steel in 2010, has scored 132 points in the first 10 matches to top the Super League scoring chart.

He is the league's leading goalkicker with 48 and is joint fifth in the try list, with nine touchdowns.

Wane said the 30-year-old has been given special instructions to follow to help reduce the impact of the long whistle-stop trip.

"He's got protocols with his diet and hydration and he's staying on England time," Wane added. "It's not a boozy wedding."

http://www.sportinglife.com/rugby-leagu ... xtra-mile?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Pat Will Be Fine for Wildcats Game

Head Coach Shaun Wane has confirmed that winger Pat Richards will be available for this weekend's against Wakefield - despite flying home to Australia for his brother's wedding!

The goal-kicking winger jetted out of England on Tuesday morning to be best man for his sibling, Keiran, at a ceremony in Port Macquarie, north of Sydney.

But he arrives back from his 24,000-mile return trip on Sunday morning - just hours before Wigan's match at the DW Stadium.

Coach Shaun Wane said: "He's the best man at his brother's wedding, so I didn't want to stop that happening.

"He's been outstanding for me, his form this season has been the best I've known it in terms of consistency, and this is a chance for me to repay him and support him.

"When he asked, it was an instant ‘yes' - as long as he didn't miss a game, I was happy with it. He will be back Sunday morning, so he'll be fine."

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent.a ... &type=news
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

Richards has been in great form this season. Loved his kicks through against KR, and keeping him injury-free for the rest of the season will be key to our success.

Of course the side is stronger with him in it, but not sure if he'd be better to miss the Wakefield game with that preparation before it?
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

But as we all know, Richards is Superman. Don't assume he used a plane to fly to Aus! :wink:
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
southernpie

Post by southernpie »

exile in Tiger country wrote:But as we all know, Richards is Superman. Don't assume he used a plane to fly to Aus! :wink:
I hope he did rest on a plane, I would imagine it would be very tiring for him to fly all the way there and back under his own steam. :wink:
This St Helens Defence is like a lollipopman at Brands Hatch -Ray French BBC TV Challenge Cup 1982

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-55dq ... Botica.jpg [/img]

https://picasaweb.google.com/nogireman/ ... SDELRUGBY#
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

We need to find a winger in his mid even late 20's as cover. Slightly younger and not an obvious choice BUT Jamie Foster?

I personally think we should have retained Ryan King but eh that has gone.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

cpwigan wrote:We need to find a winger in his mid even late 20's as cover. Slightly younger and not an obvious choice BUT Jamie Foster?

I personally think we should have retained Ryan King but eh that has gone.
Why do the team need a hair dresser?