Re: Glass Jaw Farrell.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

Nonsense. He gets caught by a cracking punch, right on the jaw and he also has another Wakefield player shoving him back. Not many would/could have stayed standing.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Well done Dom Crosby, Mickey Mac, Jack Hughes and Gil Dudson for helping out!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

Great punch if he was a boxer. He must be looking at minimum four games surely. Fax may get something as it could be Interpreted as him throwing the first punch, it could also be construed as just a shove, with a decent lawyer.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Most RL players cannot fight and Farrell is no exception. Nor should they! However, he left himside open to being cleaned out with very poor clinching skills :D A stint with a boxing coach is needed.

I cannot understand what has gotten into Poore since he came to SL. In the NRL he always seemed a clean non violent player. Weyman when he was at St George was the more volatile one.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

And what if Farrell had punched back like Hock would have done?
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Whelley Warrior wrote:And what if Farrell had punched back like Hock would have done?
:lol: WW you were much more interesting with you original login.
TrueBlueWarrior

Whelley Warrior wrote:And what if Farrell had punched back like Hock would have done?
Then fair play to him because I would have done!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
A bit difficult to punch back when you are laid out on the floor!
TrueBlueWarrior

Kittwazzer wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
A bit difficult to punch back when you are laid out on the floor!
I wouldn't have been!!????????
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Far better not to in this day and age though in RL. The reality is yes you are much better getting in first.

If you grab somebody then you need your head much closer to theirs ideally to one side to minimise the likelihood of a headbutt. Holding his shirt loosely and standing with so much space between you and straight in front is the worst thing you can do.

From a boxing fan :)