Blake Excited by Leigh Draw

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Blake Excited by Leigh Draw

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan stand-off Blake Green cant wait to face Leigh Centurions in the Tetleys Challenge Cup.

The local rivals were pitted together at yesterdays draw and are set for their first competitive meeting at the DW Stadium since March 2005.

Speaking in his latest blog, Green commented,

"I love the tradition and history of the Challenge Cup and cannot wait for this game, I went to see the guys play when we went there pre-season.

"I'm hoping they bring a crowd along for the game and that our fans turn out in force too as I'm sure they'll be up for that"

To read the full blog [click here] or click the button in the bottom right hand corner of the homepage.

Match details and ticket prices for Wigans 4th round Challenge Cup tie with Leigh will be available soon.

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent.a ... 106&type=1
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Re: Blake Excited by Leigh Draw

Post by josie andrews »

BLAKES BLOG

Hey guys,

I don't mind telling you I'm sat here with my feet up having a well deserved day off after the gruelling Easter period.

Hopefully you'll all be as happy as us with how it went? The game on the weekend was scruffy but it was the third game in 9 days for both teams so it was never going to be a classic. Of the Easter period I'd say the final game is the hardest one, we also had a young team out but we got the job done and came away with the two points. Being the oldest man out there for us at the age of 26 was just weird! I don't feel old anyway and it was definitely a first.

The lacklustre performance aside looking back we've achieved our goal of the maximum six points over Easter and it puts us on a good footing for the rest of the season now I think. The Good Friday win was special seeing as it was my first derby game, I just hope we can do the double now and keep up our 100% record at their new ground.

Going back to the Rovers on Easter Monday was great, I was only there for two years but I have heaps of friends up there and I'll always feel a connection with the club. I just wanted to be as professional as possible and put in a great performance and it couldn't have gone any better with the hat-trick and record Super League win.

It seems we're always debating in the game the Easter schedule and I heard a few people comment recently that it's too much. Personally I think a lot of it is down to your attitude, Waney instilled in us from the start that we had the same schedule as every other team and we just had to prepare as best we could and do what we could to get the wins. We could have rested some players and really mixed things up but then you look at Warrington, they got rolled on Good Friday doing that and then go and lose at Leeds this weekend too so it hardly worked for them did it?

I spotted earlier on twitter that we've got a tie against Leigh in the Tetley's Challenge Cup. I love the tradition and history of the Challenge Cup and cannot wait for this game, I went to see the guys play when we went there pre-season. I get the feeling their fans don't like us... haha I'm hoping they bring a crowd along for the game and that you guys turn out in force too as I'm sure they'll be up for that.

Real controversy in the camp of late, Lee Mossop (Moose) actually trained indoors the other day then left before our Crossbar Challenge competition. The fellas agreed that we should have a replacement for Moose and therefore young Tom Spencer was called up in his place. Now young Tom isn't great with his co-ordination shall we say and he actually lost the competition. Moose is not a happy man and is refusing to splash out for a round of coffees for the guys. More to come on this one, I'll keep you all updated.

I best tie it up there, Moose is due any minute to watch the footy with me tonight. I'm a Man City fan - don't hold it against me!!

Greeny

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WBlogp.aspx?id=16
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan