Re: Glass Jaw Farrell.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

platt-warrior wrote:
Just supposing as Green "sticks up for his mates" receives a right hand and gets injured and say breaks his jaw ,what would be your reaction then?-anyway he didnt have a hand bag.
:wink: I would have said 'what's Green doing fighting. He's a half back not a prop. He should have skipped out of the way like a fairy.'
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Sadly in this day and age you cannot enjoy a punch up in pro RL which is silly because the fans enjoy it and nobody gets hurt. Burke for example received potentially more dangerous fouls and the referee did not really blink
Wes

Post by Wes »

cpwigan wrote:sadly in this day and age you cannot enjoy a punch up in pro rl which is silly because the fans enjoy it and nobody gets hurt. bur ke fo r example d received potentially more dangerous fouls and the referee did not really blink
+1
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

POORE HANDED ONE GAME BAN

Wildcats prop Justin Poore has been handed a one game suspension and a £300 fine after being found guilty for Grade B punching against Wigan Warriors.

The Australian was dismissed in the 10th minute at the DW Stadium by referee Robert Hicks after an altercation with Liam Farrell.

The Wildcats went on to lose 44-24 after a spirited performance with 12 men for 70 minutes.

Poore will now miss this Sunday’s game at the Rapid Solicitors Stadium against Warrington Wolves but will be available to face Hemel Stags the following weekend in the Tetley’s Challenge Cup.

http://wakefieldwildcats.co.uk/news/poo ... /2013/04/?
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

josie andrews wrote: POORE HANDED ONE GAME BAN

Wildcats prop Justin Poore has been handed a one game suspension and a £300 fine after being found guilty for Grade B punching against Wigan Warriors.

The Australian was dismissed in the 10th minute at the DW Stadium by referee Robert Hicks after an altercation with Liam Farrell.

The Wildcats went on to lose 44-24 after a spirited performance with 12 men for 70 minutes.

Poore will now miss this Sunday’s game at the Rapid Solicitors Stadium against Warrington Wolves but will be available to face Hemel Stags the following weekend in the Tetley’s Challenge Cup.

http://wakefieldwildcats.co.uk/news/poo ... /2013/04/?

http://www.therfl.co.uk/the-rfl/disciplinary/item?4305
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
up the junction

Post by up the junction »

What s happened to one in all in ? From as early as I remember it was always put to us that way ,and still is in most amateur teams .If a team mate takes a crack you crack back .I thought Green was quite cowardly skipping off like that ,it reminded me off the lion in wizard oz....Let me at him ill knock his block off ...whilepretending to be held back . :roll: :roll:
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

One in All in, is a very amatuerish method of dealing with things. It works at amatuer level because for a start there arent any camera's.

While i like a good bit of biff every now and then i wouldnt like to see every little scuffle resulting in a mass brawl.

personally i like the attitude ice hockey takes when it comes to fighting in matches in that as long as its one on one, and both are clearly up for it the refs will let it happen until either one guy hits the floor or one guys starts taking a pounding. Id love to see something similar - imagine ryan bailey picking on mickey mac, all the teams back off and its just him and mickey and the ref says "ok go on then".

It would put all the cheap shot merchants out of business if they knew they would get a one on one with somebloke who they cant blindside
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:One in All in, is a very amatuerish method of dealing with things. It works at amatuer level because for a start there arent any camera's.

While i like a good bit of biff every now and then i wouldnt like to see every little scuffle resulting in a mass brawl.

personally i like the attitude ice hockey takes when it comes to fighting in matches in that as long as its one on one, and both are clearly up for it the refs will let it happen until either one guy hits the floor or one guys starts taking a pounding. Id love to see something similar - imagine ryan bailey picking on mickey mac, all the teams back off and its just him and mickey and the ref says "ok go on then".

It would put all the cheap shot merchants out of business if they knew they would get a one on one with somebloke who they cant blindside
Unfortunately the sport no longer allows one in, all in. Stupidly fisticuffs gains instant action / harsh punishments than far more dangerous high so call tackles do.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote: personally i like the attitude ice hockey takes when it comes to fighting in matches in that as long as its one on one, and both are clearly up for it the refs will let it happen until either one guy hits the floor or one guys starts taking a pounding. Id love to see something similar - imagine ryan bailey picking on mickey mac, all the teams back off and its just him and mickey and the ref says "ok go on then".
I like the concept but it wouldn't work like that in practice. Bailey would be happy to go toe to toe with Sam, Smith, Green but never Micky Mac. Or his mum for that matter!
weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

.... or my mum for that matter. She's 76, has arthritis in both hips and she'd beast Bailey like an errant schoolboy.