No Eel Deal for Lee Mossop or Gareth Hock.

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
NRL EEL

Re: No Eel Deal for Lee Mossop or Gareth Hock.

Post by NRL EEL »

cpwigan wrote:The latest I have is that nothing has been signed yet. A Parra Official is due to arrive in the country to discuss possible deals.
Correct, as my blog stated NO signatures have been put onto contract, no where did i state it wouldnt be happening in the future..
2 Pirtek Parramatta Eels representative's have arrived in your country, as i said we consider both Gareth and Lee to be very talented players, and i will suggest we will be speaking to Four players not two, three from Wigan and an additional Leeds player.

cheers
Pirtek Parramatta Eels RLFC
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Seems to be a lot of back tracking here of who and where they are going someone says parramatta reps are comming someone else says they are already here.So I will tell you my input Still the same as another thread no Wigan player has spoken or signed for any australian club what I will say again is 1 player will go to australia (take note did not state parramatta).I will also stick my neck out and say it will not be Hock.He gets homesick travelling to Widnes.I am not getting into any slanging match over this so this is my 1 ond only post on this thread. As I always state. THE TRUTH WILL OUT WITH TIME.
markill

Post by markill »

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 6619278986

reporting it in Australian press now too.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote:I will also stick my neck out and say it will not be Hock.He gets homesick travelling to Widnes.
That was the one aspect that gave me doubts!
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

From what I have seen of the Props this season, will Mossop be missed?
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

29wes28 wrote:Shawcross didn't start this thread. Anyhow I'm done bickering with you, believe what you want and come across as stupid with your posts all the same.
I never said you started the thread, but you were extremely quick to dismiss it and its originator
29wes28 wrote:Hmm ok, your keen to let us know aren't you.
and then commented
29wes28 wrote:Another alter ego for me, sorry.
Yet despite this the originator of the "Hock Done Deal" you are more than willing to accept at face value and then decide to ask Shawcross
29wes28 wrote:
shawcross da warrior wrote:Believe what you want too butt monkey.
You heard anything re Mossop going mate?
I don't take rumour's at face value. The either are correct or they are true and the statement that the Hock deal was "done" appears to me more than incorrect at the moment. Is this hard to grasp?

Why do you think Shawcross would have any inside knowledge of Mossop? This is where you have made yourself look foolish and somewhat childish by your petulance in your replies

You do however admit you are bickering (thank you), but quite wrongly state I come across as "stupid". I am not, I am simply more open-minded about what other posters have to say in the rumour mill and do not simply dismiss something as nonsense just because it is either there first post or not in agreeance to one of your mates posts/threads
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Wes

Post by Wes »

I need not explain as to whom I take at face value and to whom I don't, it is all rumour but you must think your someone special as to question my reasoning, in short it matters not like I said believe who, what YOU want as will I.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Parramatta Eels to sign England Test duo

PARRAMATTA are on the verge of signing English Internationals Gareth Hock and Lee Mossop.

Eels recruitment manager Peter Nolan has travelled to Great Britain to finalise negotiations and a transfer fee with the pair's club, Wigan.

It's understood complex talks have been ongoing for months to sign the forward duo, which will add enormous grunt to Parramatta's pack from next season onwards.

The Eels pursued Hock late last year, but could not afford Wigan's transfer fee at the time. Although he's still contracted to the Warriors, Hock is now playing with Widnes on a loan that expires in November.

The 29-year-old has played a total of eight Tests for England and Great Britain and is renowned as one of the UK Super League's most aggressive players.

Mossop, 24, made his International debut during last season's Tri series against Wales and France.

Eels officials this afternoon confirmed Nolan will watch Mossop in action this weekend and are hopeful of both deals being sealed by Monday.

Source: Daily Telegraph

https://sites.google.com/a/rlworldgroup ... 2013-08-42
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

josie andrews wrote:Parramatta Eels to sign England Test duo

PARRAMATTA are on the verge of signing English Internationals Gareth Hock and Lee Mossop.

Eels recruitment manager Peter Nolan has travelled to Great Britain to finalise negotiations and a transfer fee with the pair's club, Wigan.

It's understood complex talks have been ongoing for months to sign the forward duo, which will add enormous grunt to Parramatta's pack from next season onwards.

The Eels pursued Hock late last year, but could not afford Wigan's transfer fee at the time. Although he's still contracted to the Warriors, Hock is now playing with Widnes on a loan that expires in November.

The 29-year-old has played a total of eight Tests for England and Great Britain and is renowned as one of the UK Super League's most aggressive players.

Mossop, 24, made his International debut during last season's Tri series against Wales and France.

Eels officials this afternoon confirmed Nolan will watch Mossop in action this weekend and are hopeful of both deals being sealed by Monday.

Source: Daily Telegraph

https://sites.google.com/a/rlworldgroup ... 2013-08-42
I think our fans need to decide whether or not they believe the reports that an NRL recruitment manager has travelled from Australia to England to discuss possible moves for Mossop and/or Hock

OR
Wigan coach Shaun Wane said after the game that he was unaware of reports that Parramatta recruitment manager Peter Nolan was at Sunday's game to watch England prop Lee Mossop, who was making his comeback from a shoulder injury. "He would have been impressed if he was here," said Wane. "Him and Harrison Hansen both did really well on their return."
Remember this is the same Wigan RLFC that denys any knowledge of Andy Powell signing for Wigan RLFC despite numerous reports stating he is.

Mossop and Hock may or may not go BUT so many people are aware that Peter Nolan arrived here to discuss such matters with Wigan RLFC. Meetings are scheduled/will have taken place by the time some posters read this.

If Powell does sign whatever the merits, if Mossop and Hock go then our club looks pathetic and has repeatedly lied to its own fans. I did say when the club went OTT trying to destroy Hock already poor public reputation that you cannot believe everything / quite a lot that Wigan RLFC says publically.

Sadly internet forums get messed up by APs / trolls.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

So its either:

The club is discussing players coming and going without involving the coach,

The club is lying/deliberately keeping its fans in the dark,

Or

Someone is trying to make serious mischief with troll posts?