Roby for Wigan next season?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
pedro

Re: Roby for Wigan next se...

Post by pedro »

Personally I hope we dont sign any. We need real class at the moment and I dont rate any of them as being that.

Just an opinion though.

If we lose Rads we need a FB with pace. Which rules out all the GB candidates.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Fraggle posted:
HappyHooker posted:
Ha! u get frustrated very easily don't ya? Fair enough but I've heard another rumour we have definately signed Reardon!!!!
According to League Express, Reardon's being linked to Warrington, no mention of Wigan.
cAN YOU BLAME HIN THEIR GOING PLACES WERE GOING TO wHITEHAVEN NEXT SEASON.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

thegimble posted:
Fraggle posted:
HappyHooker posted:
Ha! u get frustrated very easily don't ya? Fair enough but I've heard another rumour we have definately signed Reardon!!!!
According to League Express, Reardon's being linked to Warrington, no mention of Wigan.
I'm a step ahead of the game!
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

robjoenz posted:
thegimble posted:
Fraggle posted: According to League Express, Reardon's being linked to Warrington, no mention of Wigan.
That's alright Rob, we'll all kip at yours after the match. Do you have space for 1500?
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
WiganWarrior

Post by WiganWarrior »

Fraggle posted:
HappyHooker posted:
Ive also heard that they are linked with Peacock and Orford
Wigan til i Die !!!!

"Its like a game of union the ball disappears for 3-4 tackles then appears to be kicked" BBC GMR
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Doug Stand posted:
WiganWarrior posted:
Ive also heard that they are linked with Peacock and Orford
They have been linked with Orford for some time now...then again so were Wigan. You see the difference is that Orford or someone of that class is more lilley to consider a move to a team that finished third from top, than third from bottom.
I don't think NRL players think like that at all when they come over here. They are in it for the money for a start an dif after a couple of years they have won nowt but go home loaded they will be happy if the fans aren't.

The above applies to those coming here on a retirement package but as well as that those that want to do well are used to playing in a league that can from one season to the next, see a marked change in fortune for any club. The bottom club can be competing for the top three playoff places from one season to the next such is the fine line seperating the clubs down under.

Last years league position will be just that to an NRL player, last years!

Dave
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

ive heard johns is coming but then i woke up :lol:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Fraggle posted:
robjoenz posted:
thegimble posted: cAN YOU BLAME HIN THEIR GOING PLACES WERE GOING TO wHITEHAVEN NEXT SEASON.
That's alright Rob, we'll all kip at yours after the match. Do you have space for 1500?
Not quite, just enough room for my message board family!
the grinch

Post by the grinch »

i dont think there are manny players we are not linked to! last year we had a mass clearout of players and it has been a disaster.if we can stay in super league we need quality replacements! if maurice try's to bring some young players on the cheap we will be in deep trouble again.if we are to be taken seriously as title contenders then wigan need to bring some top players in and ship some of the under performing players out. time for millward to earn his money.
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

Dave o postedThey are in it for the money
Absolutely! That's why a Wolves team with a chance of finals and the bonus payments connected to contract payments is a more alluring prospect.

Bonus payments must be allowed as this was the reason Leeds gave for having "spare" cap money avaiable to sign Lautiti. And no-one is naive enough to think that players in the GF and CC final are not on extra payments.