Hull KR v St Helens

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Kittwazzer

Re: Hull KR v St Helens

Post by Kittwazzer »

That's now my FB profile pic!
BriH

Post by BriH »

Meli has dislocated his elbow! Out for 6-8 weeks!
It's always a sign of a desperate side when they resort to 'bully-boy' tactics.
Maybe now Emmy Headings will stop drooling about his 'Super Sizzling Saints'.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

BriH wrote:Meli has dislocated his elbow! Out for 6-8 weeks!
"Never write Saints off. They have proved too many times they can score 3 tries in the last 20 seconds"!
i'm spartacus

Post by i'm spartacus »

BriH wrote:Meli has dislocated his elbow! Out for 6-8 weeks!
Shows just how hard he actually hit the lad
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

All gone downhill financially for Saints since the building of Langtree Park.

Yesterdays result, the worse in the 4th round for 18 years, serves them right for laughing at us about paying rent at the DW.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Kittwazzer wrote:That's now my FB profile pic!
YES, I know :exc: :exc:

Cheeky bugger :wink:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

I thought the Wilkin shot on Dobson early on was disgusting but obviously nowhere near as bad as the full on boot to the head of MM to Wellens while dazed on the floor in the derby!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:I thought the Wilkin shot on Dobson early on was disgusting but obviously nowhere near as bad as the full on boot to the head of MM to Wellens while dazed on the floor in the derby!!
You're right. MM was lucky to escape a ban for that. I reckon he'd have got one if he'd done it!
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

As glad as I am that we appear to have the upper hand over saints at the moment, I would prefer them to be more competitive than they currently are (as long as we still beat them!).

As momentarily hilarious as it is to watch their fans suffer at them going out of the CC so early, I would have prefer them to lose to us in the quarters/semis/final in a barnstormer. It's those games that make RL great - the last gasp try by Farrell in the derby game takes some beating!

They do seem to be a team in decline at the moment and with their older players nearing the end of the careers and the youngsters seemingly made of glass, I am starting to wonder if they are going to slip away to mid table mediocrity...
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Matthew wrote:As glad as I am that we appear to have the upper hand over saints at the moment, I would prefer them to be more competitive than they currently are (as long as we still beat them!).

As momentarily hilarious as it is to watch their fans suffer at them going out of the CC so early, I would have prefer them to lose to us in the quarters/semis/final in a barnstormer. It's those games that make RL great - the last gasp try by Farrell in the derby game takes some beating!

They do seem to be a team in decline at the moment and with their older players nearing the end of the careers and the youngsters seemingly made of glass, I am starting to wonder if they are going to slip away to mid table mediocrity...
I know what you're saying Matthew but I can't agree with you until we have got the 75-0 monkey off our back. Just a pity we aren't playing them next week. With Meli now injured and Gardner/Wilkin facing possible bans, we could have possibly beaten our Hull KR scoreline!

Agree about the Farrell try though. It was so sweet, and then to see Fat Prince Harry losing it completely!