CC 5th Round

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Re: CC 5th Round

Post by josie andrews »

Whelley Warrior wrote:Even Granada Reports give our game better coverage on local news programs than BBC North West.
That's very true :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
bonnieboy

Post by bonnieboy »

Wigan play Hull KR away.
THE 18th Man

Post by THE 18th Man »

That draw was embarrassing, I felt sorry for Billy in there with the bloke who didnt have a clue what was going on
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

The draw in full for the fifth round of this season's Tetley's Challenge Cup.

Catalan Dragons v York City Knights

Hull FC v Wakefield Trinity Wildcats

Workington Town v Widnes Vikings

Hull KR v Wigan Warriors

London Broncos v Bradford Bulls

Warrington Wolves v Salford City Reds

Huddersfield Giants v Leeds Rhinos

Sheffield Eagles v Halifax

Games will be played on the weekend of May 12.

http://www.loverugbyleague.com/news_117 ... draw.html?
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

THE 18th Man wrote:That draw was embarrassing, I felt sorry for Billy in there with the bloke who didnt have a clue what was going on
Didn't listen to it today.
THE 18th Man

Post by THE 18th Man »

that Richard Bacon said "here is Challenge Cup Legend Billy Boston, have you won the cup Billy?". they nearly drew the same team twice and got the number 6 and 9 confused before going back to talk to a 'fashon expert' in Savile Row
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

This will be another HKR game I will miss because of the away stand being in Doncaster!! :wink:
ian.birchall

Away to Hull KR in the 5th round.

Post by ian.birchall »

That is the game we face but I show below the e-mail I have sent to Richard Bacon R5 Live as he oversaw the draw live on his show. I am still incandescent with rage.

I have just listened to the draw for the next round of the Rugby League Challenge Cup . The draw
you supervised was totally inept, incorrect in historical facts and possibly homophobic. You
described the Cup has having been played for for several decades, several? Try 120 years. You
then compounded this disrespect by describing the men on the Cup as 'camp, they even have
moustaches?!' You then played a try scored By living legend Billy Boston scoring a try in the 1961
Cup Final against Leeds, we all thought Wigan played St Helens in 1961. You managed to mess up
the reading of the draw by getting Hull KR to play away to Workington when Widnes had already
been drawn to play away there and then after 5 games had been drawn you managed to confuse
the audience further by saying that 4 games have been drawn and that leaves 4 more games to go.
From beginning to end your performance does not even deserve to be described as amateurish.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
bonnieboy

Post by bonnieboy »

The draw was a load of rubbish,they did not have a clue what they was on about.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

josie andrews wrote:This will be another HKR game I will miss because of the away stand being in Doncaster!! :wink:
I was listening to it in the paper shop. Margaret not happy either!