Johhny Lomax

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
NeeNawWarrior22

Re: Johhny Lomax

Post by NeeNawWarrior22 »

I reckon a good option for FB for when Sam goes? Does Manfredi feature in our plans? Wing? FB?
THE 18th Man

Post by THE 18th Man »

The thing with the production line is we can't put players in just because they have come through our Academy, if we had the option to sign Johhny Lomax or any exciting young English player who would improve us we should go for them. If Murphy or Hampshire or Manfredi got the full back shirt in the next two years and wanted to stay for the next ten years (as unlikely as that would be in the current climate) then the production line would stall anyway. if that makes sense :doz:
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Well I don't think we need him. And considering a substantial fee would be involved, I vote to leave him where he is or let Kookoo have him!
NeeNawWarrior22

Post by NeeNawWarrior22 »

18th man, a very good point. Lets say Sam decides to say at Wigan for the rest if hs career, Murphy for example would be surplus to requirements at Wigan.
An interesting point.
KaylaRobbo

Post by KaylaRobbo »

Kittwazzer wrote:Sorry but I don't believe any of that. I knew Jonny as a kid, and his dad Ian who coached him at OSJ. Any other player maybe but Jonny, no way!
How do you know what I was suggesting he had done?

Fair enough though - like I said I don't know him. Hence why I didn't publish exactly what I was told. Just think it is odd that one of their own fans who usually is all smiles about the guy has suddenly turned. My contact so-called knows the copper who was involved too but then I am trusting a Sts fan - which to be fair goes against my better judgement ha ha.

Ah well - it is the rumour mill.................
ajsefc

Post by ajsefc »

Lomax has been playing FB this season. Admittedly in only a handful of games but was quite brilliant in those games.

If there was any substance in this rumour, I for one, would be delighted
'I have a good stand up wash in that sink once a week'
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

We know that Saints are strapped for cash at present so I supposed owt could happen!
southernpie

Post by southernpie »

If one of our prospects like Jack Murphy or Ryan Hampshire will be ready to step into Sam's shoes when he leaves, whether it be next season or the one after, then leave Lomax where he is. If on the other hand we will need a stop gap, then I wouldn't mind seeing him at Wigan until one of the others is ready.

This St Helens Defence is like a lollipopman at Brands Hatch -Ray French BBC TV Challenge Cup 1982

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-55dq ... Botica.jpg [/img]

https://picasaweb.google.com/nogireman/ ... SDELRUGBY#
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

southernpie wrote:If one of our prospects like Jack Murphy or Ryan Hampshire will be ready to step into Sam's shoes when he leaves, whether it be next season or the one after, then leave Lomax where he is. If on the other hand we will need a stop gap, then I wouldn't mind seeing him at Wigan until one of the others is ready.
But a 22 year old Lomax would not be a stop gap would he. He could hold the FB spot for 10 years if the NRL didn't want him!
Wes

Post by Wes »

Jack Murphy is not good enough IMO.