Good Riddance to them lot

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
cpwigan

Re: Good Riddance to them lot

Post by cpwigan »

There was a post IIRC by Keith WAFC explaining what A & L is stating you seem to have ignored it WW. Just to reitterate some of his key points; support for any club is dynamic and the lure is different from generation to generation.

It is a shame you chose to post using this login rather than your usual one.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Saying that thought I don't get the glory supporters of City and Chelsea in recent years. My uncle and cousin are die hard latics supporters but at one point donned Newcastle Utd shirts... Still, more people watching Latics is better than 1,430 each week in the EPL
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote:I was there ww at both games and many more in fact probably every ground Latics have ever played on and the same for the warriors including australia.Wigan Rugby runs through my veins.But Latics are also a passion.Although I must admit to not going a lot in the last few years.
Did you see Bobby Charlton hit the bar at SP with a typical cannon ball long distance shot aged 50+ :)

ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

I went on Cockney Latic at the beginning of the season after they had played Grimsby or some lower league club in the Cup (league cup?) where about 200 Wiganers went down on a Tuesday night to watch it. All the messages were of 'it's good to see the old faces at true games' and the like... 90 fans at Tottenham for example last season, the 'core' is small but with any venture it takes time to grow, and you forget that there is Blackburn, Everton, Manchester's and Bolton bordering our borough, it'd be different if you support Yeovil or Truro
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

cpwigan wrote:
keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote:I was there ww at both games and many more in fact probably every ground Latics have ever played on and the same for the warriors including australia.Wigan Rugby runs through my veins.But Latics are also a passion.Although I must admit to not going a lot in the last few years.
Did you see Bobby Charlton hit the bar at SP with a typical cannon ball long distance shot aged 50+ :)
I did cp I am at the age where I have been lucky to see many great players in both football and rugby.Where rugby is concerned I think in the next 10 years we will see players come through to supass past talent.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

I used to live on Beech hill ave and used to go to a few reserve games at springfield park(think it was free to get in).You used to see a lot of then 1st div players making comebacks from injuries.