Salford close in on six new signings

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
DaveO

Re: Salford close in on six new signings

Post by DaveO »

Kittwazzer wrote:
DaveO wrote:Over on rlfans they are saying Chase from Cas is nailed on for Salford for next season.

If Koukash is snapping up players like that it's obviously going to leave Cas weaker so kind of confirms the suspicion there aren't enough good players to sustain a 14 team league
Don't see how that can happen considering his visa situation. But assuming its correct, Cas won't be unhappy. They have been desperate to offload him for some time. They simply cannot afford his contract!
The visa situation was mentioned and the Salford fans are saying it is nailed on regardless. Supposedly his previous move (to Hull?) fell through because Hull didn't even ask the authorities about a visa whereas Salford did and got the OK. I guess we will see soon enough.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

DaveO wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:
DaveO wrote:Over on rlfans they are saying Chase from Cas is nailed on for Salford for next season.

If Koukash is snapping up players like that it's obviously going to leave Cas weaker so kind of confirms the suspicion there aren't enough good players to sustain a 14 team league
Do you ever have anything positive to say about the game?
Well at least I have something to say about the game which you clearly don't.

Why don't you try something novel? Instead of commenting on what others post try adding to something to the debate instead of sniping from the sidelines.

Sorry, but unlike yourself, I am just one of the vast majority of supporters who just likes to watch a game and support the team.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

I'm a bit concerned that Harrison Hansen might be on his list!
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Kittwazzer wrote:I'm a bit concerned that Harrison Hansen might be on his list!
This has been mmentioned elsewhere :conf:
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
DaveO wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote: Do you ever have anything positive to say about the game?
Well at least I have something to say about the game which you clearly don't.

Why don't you try something novel? Instead of commenting on what others post try adding to something to the debate instead of sniping from the sidelines.

Sorry, but unlike yourself, I am just one of the vast majority of supporters who just likes to watch a game and support the team.
They why are you here?

It must be purgatory for you whenever anyone dares suggest a Wigan player isn't that good or the sun doesn't shine out of Wane's backside.

It must also be very confusing for you whenever I or anyone else offers praise because for you clearly the the world is black and white.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Kittwazzer wrote:I'm a bit concerned that Harrison Hansen might be on his list!
Kitt - I thought we had an option on H for next season.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

I hope that Salford do actually bring off all those potential signings. It would be good for the competition if we could add another strong side to SL, plus it would definitely boost the profile of the game in these parts and Gtr Manchester.

Maybe then we could have meaningful 'derbys' with the Red Devils with the taste of a local derby atmosphere.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Nezza Faz wrote:I hope that Salford do actually bring off all those potential signings. It would be good for the competition if we could add another strong side to SL, plus it would definitely boost the profile of the game in these parts and Gtr Manchester.

Maybe then we could have meaningful 'derbys' with the Red Devils with the taste of a local derby atmosphere.
If we do, I hope they are not like the old days. Their fans were worse than Wire's!
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

Kittwazzer wrote:
Nezza Faz wrote:I hope that Salford do actually bring off all those potential signings. It would be good for the competition if we could add another strong side to SL, plus it would definitely boost the profile of the game in these parts and Gtr Manchester.

If we do, I hope they are not like the old days. Their fans were worse than Wire's!
Hopefully they'll be bright new, shiny fans KW, after all this time, and generations without success.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Nezza Faz wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote:

Hopefully they'll be bright new, shiny fans KW, after all this time, and generations without success.
Unlikely Nezza. Salford will always be a shithole full of shithouses. Even when I was involved with juniors, I used to dread going to Langworthy and Folly Lane. I remember one time when 2 Folly Lane dads kicked off. One left in an ambulance and the other in a police car. This was an U13s game!