Gaz Hock

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Nezza Faz

Re: Gaz Hock

Post by Nezza Faz »

One other complication arising from these "transfers" are the moves of each player's agents, who wriggle & squirm one way, then the other for not always the best interest of the player. There is the incidence of his commission, which has been known to lead the player down one route rather than another, for his 10%!

If Sam, for instance, goes to the NZ Warriors, hardly a top NRL team, but there's things like extra tax concessions and allied benefits, which can sway him that way - but would that be his best, or prefered move ?

Also, an agent could take him away from the game and point him into union, especially if there were to be an issue with the salary cap in the NRL, as IL is seeking a hefty fee from an NRL club. This fee would have to go into the cap, along with his own salary, and would seriously jeopardise & complicate any move there.

Not necessarily saying all this about Hock - but who knows what's going on with the Salford bid ?
natheel

Post by natheel »

Hey Guys,

I'm a Parramatta Eels fan and have been reading these pages for a while. Especially when Gaz and Moose signed for us!

I don't know if you guys know the details but apparently the 'Hock backing out' rumour seems to have been a misunderstanding.

Apparently his Wife is having a child and he contacted us saying he will be at Eels and is committed but asked our CEO and Coach if he could come once the baby has arrived in January which is after our pre-season starts (November) So i'm thinking thats where the confusion is coming from.

I'm looking forward to seeing these 2 guys coming over both for very different reasons.

Hock for his no nonsense attitude and he seems to be a very aggressive player which at Parramatta we lack desperately. We have got a guy in Darcy Lussick from Manly who is a nutcase as well and really sticks up for the boys. So i'm looking forward to Hock and Lussick teaming up.

As for Moose i think his youth and experience will add a lot to us. We have a decent forward pack (Even though we are sitting last at the moment we lack experience and are a very young team but our front row rotation is holding up) We currently have

8. Tim Mannah (c)
10. Fui Fui Moi Moi
15. Darcy Lussick
16. Mitch Allgood

I havn't watched alot of Moose but he seems to be built like a second rower and has some ball playing ability also so maybe we will use him as a second rower. How does he go in the position compared to Front Row?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Welcome to the site natheel :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

The understanding and the British media bullshit was just that nonsense. In Hock you get a player with the ability to conjure up tries out of nothing with his skill or to get over the try line himself as he is awkward and boney to tackle. Sometimes in SL he pushes the offloads too much and he can go too far in terms of aggro BUT SL is not the NRL.

Moose spent his early career here as a seond rower in the academy / reserves and then became a prop at SL level. Less naturally gifted BUT far more controlled and disciplined he rarely makes mistakes, has excellent defence and makes good yards. He is a cornerstone player.

Hock and Moose are living in the same apartment building and moose is due to get married soon. Hock has got shut of his nutty woman but she has had a child with him.

If Parra get rid of all the players they want to and Hopoate comes back as good as he was then Parra should IMO have a far better season in 2014.
natheel

Post by natheel »

I like the arrangement our clubs will have for the future. We get some f your academy players to get experience in our youth comp. hopefully there will be some good players coming to us from Wigan to get some NRL level experience and upon their return will make wigan a force with the experience they bring back

Mossop I understand will 100% be back after 2 years with a year option so possibly 3 years

Does Hock have that in his contract? Or will he finish his career over here?
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

natheel wrote:
Let's call that the A$64,000 question! :lol:
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

natheel wrote:I like the arrangement our clubs will have for the future. We get some f your academy players to get experience in our youth comp. hopefully there will be some good players coming to us from Wigan to get some NRL level experience and upon their return will make wigan a force with the experience they bring back
Have I missed something here? What is this about academy players going over?
Mossop I understand will 100% be back after 2 years with a year option so possibly 3 years

I didn't think it was a contractual thing. Rather Wigan get first refusal on their services if they return.

Hock is 30 in September and while the deals as announced at the time say both players have a clause that give Wigan first refusal on their services should they return I can't see Hock ever playing for Wigan again. He'd be 33 at the start of 2016 season and I can't see why Wigan would want to tie themselves to giving a contract to a 33 year old player and especially not one that has had such a public fall out with the club.

Then again we could be daft enough to take him back and let another player in their prime take his place I suppose.

I am not convinced Mossop will return either. He seems adamant he is coming back but I don't think there is any contractual obligation to do so. If he likes it in Oz he could stay was my understanding and if he came back in say four years I don't think the first refusal clause in Wigan's favour would still apply.

Even if their return was contractual we can't seemingly hold any player to a contract so IMO all this "contracted to return in two years" stuff is a PR exercise. It may happen but I'll believe it when I see it.

josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

DaveO wrote:
I am not convinced Mossop will return either. He seems adamant he is coming back but I don't think there is any contractual obligation to do so. If he likes it in Oz he could stay was my understanding and if he came back in say four years I don't think the first refusal clause in Wigan's favour would still apply.
It's his fiancée that says they will come back after two, but he may persuade her, if he is successful & everything is going okay, to stay for three. They have both told me that.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

DaveO wrote:
natheel wrote:I like the arrangement our clubs will have for the future. We get some f your academy players to get experience in our youth comp. hopefully there will be some good players coming to us from Wigan to get some NRL level experience and upon their return will make wigan a force with the experience they bring back
Have I missed something here? What is this about academy players going over?

Blame CP. He has advocated such an arrangement on so many occasions it has finally found its way into the realms of fact! :lol:
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Shhh :cool:

Still believe it. :eusa14: