Tuson

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: Tuson to Wakefield

Post by josie andrews »

Tuson To Leave Wigan at the End of the Season

Wigan Warriors confirm that Second Row Forward Chris Tuson will be leaving the Club at the end of the season when his current Contract comes to an end.

Speaking about the news, Rugby Manager Kris Radlinski said;

"Chris will be leaving us at the end of the season, although we offered him a Three-Year Contract with a very competitive salary he has accepted what he sees as a better Two-Year deal elsewhere and are disappointed he has come to that decision.

"We would like to thank Chris for his excellent service to Wigan and we know he will be looking to end his time with us on a high with success in both the Tetley's Challenge Cup and Super League."

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent.a ... &type=news
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I heard about this on Sunday but thought it was just talk!!!

I'm sad about this news but I wish him all the very best.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

With the modern day salary cap, we can't keep everyone. We offered him a another contract, but he could clearly get more elsewhere and took salary over potential success. Good luck to him.
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
BriH

Re: Tuson signs for Wakey

Post by BriH »

Is he going only for the money or is there another reason?
Matthew

Re: Tuson signs for Wakey

Post by Matthew »

Guaranteed starting place - if HH stays, he'll always be behind him and Farrell
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
keptinthedarkfans

Re: Tuson

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

God wrote:Not happy about this whatsoever.
I think before the end of this season you will be even unhappier. Thin end of wedge. :(
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

The worry is; a 2 year deal at Wakefield is better than 3 year deal at Wigan. The line offered by Matthew does not wash because we have free up a large % of our salary cap from the start of this season onwards.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Maybe Hock is coming back!! :wink:
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Maybe Hock is coming back!! :wink:
Many a true word is spoken in jest.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

cherry.pie wrote:
cpwigan wrote:The worry is; a 2 year deal at Wakefield is better than 3 year deal at Wigan. The line offered by Matthew does not wash because we have free up a large % of our salary cap from the start of this season onwards.
Tuson seems to have gone back to playing 10-20 minutes per game again with Farrell and Hansen in such good form. I think the opportunity to be a regular, starting player would be too good to turn down. Burke and Hughes are waiting in the wings and it just doesn't seem likely that Tuson will be able to keep those players out of the side in the next few years.
I can understand that Cherry BUT all the talk is about Wigan wanting to retain him, offering him 3 years at what they felt was a good deal YET 2 years at Wakey with no certainty of starting there either was deemed better by a guy that had spent his entire career ay Wigan.

Strikes me our idea of a competitive 3 year deal was very much wide of the mark does it not to you?