H

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
DaveO

Re: H

Post by DaveO »

Kittwazzer wrote:
markill wrote:Maybe its a starting point? I hope we see sense and give him at least 2 years with a third year option
That would be my guess as well. Thing is, with a testimonial on the table, the club has the upper hand. I'm sure a compromise will be reached.
I think whether the club has the upper hand or not there comes a time when you simply behave sensibly, recognise a quality player for what he is and don't play silly bu****s at the risk of losing the player.

From what I hear H wants to stay, isn't asking for the earth to do so and so IL needs to stop messing about and get him signed up.

If he wants a three year deal so what? We gave Lauaki one when he was the same age or a year older and he isn't a patch in H.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

DaveO we often disagree but on this one with you all the way!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

A testimonial may be a sticking point. IL does not like players having testimonials. Prior to signing his last contract Lockers was offered 5K to wave his right to a testimonial. Lockers refused on principle not monetary gain.
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

cpwigan wrote:A testimonial may be a sticking point. IL does not like players having testimonials. Prior to signing his last contract Lockers was offered 5K to wave his right to a testimonial. Lockers refused on principle not monetary gain.
Why CP, what's the reasoning against his rewarding players with a history of loyal service ?

Or would he say he's already been paid well for doing his job, anyway ?
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

All I know is he dislikes testimonials for whatever reason. So much so he will make an offer to them not to have one. Ironically, I think Lockers gave money raised away but he respected the ideal of a testimonial.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

cpwigan wrote:All I know is he dislikes testimonials for whatever reason. So much so he will make an offer to them not to have one. Ironically, I think Lockers gave money raised away but he respected the ideal of a testimonial.
Lockers gave it all away IIRC.

Maybe IL thinks that all the extra work involved for everyone would be a distraction from the job in hand. Some people on RedVee are slating Wilkin for his shameless promotion of his testimonial year!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I'm sure Shaun Briscoe is giving all his funds raised away to charity as well :)

Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
ste lord

Post by ste lord »

http://m.wigantoday.net/sport/wigan-war ... -1-5780030

Please can someone fix the link haha

Keep Wigan "Wigan"

keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Not at all suprised. Force a player who has fullfilled his part of contract to do the extra year knowing full well he wants to secure his future with a long term deal.And letting one player who they signed on a 5 year contract go 3 years early. BLOODY PRICELESS. :(
jobo

Post by jobo »

keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote:Not at all suprised. Force a player who has fullfilled his part of contract to do the extra year knowing full well he wants to secure his future with a long term deal.And letting one player who they signed on a 5 year contract go 3 years early. BLOODY PRICELESS. :(
That nasty aroma is getting worse.

Although we don't know the contract negotiations details, such as how much Hansen is asking for and for how long, it's looking like IFL wants rid of him but also wants a fee.

If this is the case, I hope Hansen completes the optional year then walks away for nothing. It would serve IFL right.