FEEDER CLUB FOR NRL

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
keptinthedarkfans

FEEDER CLUB FOR NRL

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

With the current goings on at Warriors and Listening To IL and SW and many conversations with past and present players.I believe that ILenagans vision is to make Warriors a feeder club for the NRL and foolishly believes that the youngsters comming through will be able to back fill the exudos.Is latest statement confirms this for me saying that Sam has not signed yet but that does not mean he will not but I have confidence that Hampshire and Tierney or capable of filling his place and many more waiting to come through.What planet is this man on Tompkins is brobably the best marketting assett SL and Warriors have ever had he is the face that is matched to all british rugby league advertising yet we seem hell bent on letting him go To NRL.For me this is the beggining of the end of SL.Even if Warriors do want to cash in on Sam the RFL should show some vision on building for the future with youth and stop this exudos from happening.Not just with sam but with all our young players.And before any one says they will come back better players who says they will return.Look at the Burges brothers loving the life out there.I am not against players wanting a better life and testing there selves but believe they are pressured into these situations.Just think about this you don't sign a 5 year contract saying Wigan is your life then 12 month Later say you want to go to NRL.My unsderstanding is it is not Sams decision to make any more If NZ warriors come up with correct fee he is going if he wants to or not.And he his not the last to leave this season.
Kittwazzer

Re: FEEDER CLUB FOR NRL

Post by Kittwazzer »

keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote:My unsderstanding is it is not Sams decision to make any more If NZ warriors come up with correct fee he is going if he wants to or not. And he his not the last to leave this season.
You were doing well until this bit which effectively turned your post into an ill-considered rant!
keptinthedarkfans

Kittwazzer wrote:
keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote:My unsderstanding is it is not Sams decision to make any more If NZ warriors come up with correct fee he is going if he wants to or not. And he his not the last to leave this season.
You were doing well until this bit which effectively turned your post into an ill-considered rant!
By no means a rant Just an opinion.Ill considered or not.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote:
Then consider this, how can IFL or anyone else force someone to go to New Zealand or anywhere else against their wishes?
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Kittwazzer wrote:
keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote: You were doing well until this bit which effectively turned your post into an ill-considered rant!
Then consider this, how can IFL or anyone else force someone to go to New Zealand or anywhere else against their wishes?
They obviously can't and if he dioes go early it will be with his agreement but lets not allow that to get in the way of the other points made which IMO are valid. IL should not be facilitating the exodus of our best assets especially after having made all fuss about preventing Sam from speaking to other clubs for three years and getting him to sign a five year deal.

If as the o/p mentions IL and Wane believe anyone is replaceable by young players (which for example may apply to the likes of Hansen as well as Sam) then I'd go as far as to say we need a new chairman and a new coach.

It doesn't really matter if the likes of Hampshire and the rest can win us games at Widnes. We won't be winning finals without experienced players in the side.

What is more there is more to supporting a club than just the results. People have their heros. They like to see their favourite players doing well and watch them making the special plays they are trademarked for etc. Following a player's progression is all part of it and I can't see why IL and Wane would not see this and why they would think a constant flow of new talent is enough in itself to satisfy the fans.

If they do let Sam and H leave why they think we'd not be expecting the likes of Hamshire and Williams to follow in a couple of years I have no idea and the fact there may be a Hampshire MkII or Williams MkII aged about 14 right now is NOT the answer to that.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote:With the current goings on at Warriors and Listening To IL and SW and many conversations with past and present players.I believe that ILenagans vision is to make Warriors a feeder club for the NRL and foolishly believes that the youngsters comming through will be able to back fill the exudos.Is latest statement confirms this for me saying that Sam has not signed yet but that does not mean he will not but I have confidence that Hampshire and Tierney or capable of filling his place and many more waiting to come through.What planet is this man on Tompkins is brobably the best marketting assett SL and Warriors have ever had he is the face that is matched to all british rugby league advertising yet we seem hell bent on letting him go To NRL.For me this is the beggining of the end of SL.Even if Warriors do want to cash in on Sam the RFL should show some vision on building for the future with youth and stop this exudos from happening.Not just with sam but with all our young players.And before any one says they will come back better players who says they will return.Look at the Burges brothers loving the life out there.I am not against players wanting a better life and testing there selves but believe they are pressured into these situations.Just think about this you don't sign a 5 year contract saying Wigan is your life then 12 month Later say you want to go to NRL.My unsderstanding is it is not Sams decision to make any more If NZ warriors come up with correct fee he is going if he wants to or not.And he his not the last to leave this season.
Sam Tomkins will decide if he wants to go, no-one else. IL will then decide how much for. Every Wigan fan wants Sam to stay BUT in the current climate there are greater rewards elsewhere. How do you propose we stop the exodus? The majority of clubs are losing money, so how do think we can pay Sam and the other players competitive salaries with ARL and RU. Would you prefer we did what Saints did and held onto Eastmond until the last second or what Wigan did and cash in on Joel Tomkins?
keptinthedarkfans

Sam Tomkins will decide if he wants to go, no-one else. IL will then decide how much for. Every Wigan fan wants Sam to stay BUT in the current climate there are greater rewards elsewhere. How do you propose we stop the exodus? The majority of clubs are losing money, so how do think we can pay Sam and the other players competitive salaries with ARL and RU. Would you prefer we did what Saints did and held onto Eastmond until the last second or what Wigan did and cash in on Joel Tomkins?[/quote]

You have just put every thing in a nutshell yes clubs are loosing money.Why because of poor promotion of our game.And the first time we begin to get a bit of publicity and limelight with a star player (even on the 6 oclock news with the new superman) we shoot ourselves in the foot and ship him to NZ to promote there game. As for competitive salaries Money at Warriors is not a issue we are trying to keep star players on apprentice wages also do not know why you brought Joel and eastmond into this they did not have 5 year contracts.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Can anyone explain why Leeds are not subject to this? Nobody can tell me that their players are not subject to the same enquiries or influenced by more money on offer downunder. Perhaps they are subject to it but they are playing things much closer to their chest rather than being subject to media speculation.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
keptinthedarkfans

keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote:Sam Tomkins will decide if he wants to go, no-one else. IL will then decide how much for. Every Wigan fan wants Sam to stay BUT in the current climate there are greater rewards elsewhere. How do you propose we stop the exodus? The majority of clubs are losing money, so how do think we can pay Sam and the other players competitive salaries with ARL and RU. Would you prefer we did what Saints did and held onto Eastmond until the last second or what Wigan did and cash in on Joel Tomkins?
Sorry I probably did not word it very well regarding him having to go wether he wanted or not I was trying to make the point because of the money demanded for him he would be under presure regarding his desision.Regarding RFL stopping exudos There are lots of ways central contracts is one another special payments for elite players. ie international.2 players from each SL team not to count on cap.And many more We are paying people to promote our game surely this falls under there remitt[/quote]
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:Can anyone explain why Leeds are not subject to this? Nobody can tell me that their players are not subject to the same enquiries or influenced by more money on offer downunder. Perhaps they are subject to it but they are playing things much closer to their chest rather than being subject to media speculation.
Did Leeds not lose Burgess, Mathers, Tansey and Elliss?