Lost more respect.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
SiY

Lost more respect.

Post by SiY »

The respect i held for Saints was small but now it is barely there. fair enough Saints played the game won and battered us. But there was no need for the man over the tannoy to take the p*ss out of the Wigan fans and get us annoyed. It isn't funny, it wasn't light humour it was sly and nasty. By all means announce "We have run out of Pies in the away section" thats ok do that but not take the micky. A man who i went with said, "They can't do it in f*cking style can they? They have to go and f*cking take the p*ss out of us at the same time. Thats Saints for ya." Its true they can't beat us in style...go out their and beat us and out play us on a game of rugby...they have to kick you when you are down not proffesional at all.
MrsLam

Re: Lost more respect.

Post by MrsLam »

Funny thing is they actually had run out of pies in our section. I was gutted! Left early to watch the Eng game and didn't eat till I got home at 7.

They're alway the same at Saints, I don't remember ever experiencing it anywhere else and Wigan don't do it to them when they come here. One joke per game fair enough but to keep going on and on before during and after the match, *YAWN* get a life love
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

MrsLam posted:
Funny thing is they actually had run out of pies in our section. I was gutted! Left early to watch the Eng game and didn't eat till I got home at 7.

They're alway the same at Saints, I don't remember ever experiencing it anywhere else and Wigan don't do it to them when they come here. One joke per game fair enough but to keep going on and on before during and after the match, *YAWN* get a life love
My ticket remained unused this weekend as I was too lazy to get up in time to drive to Scouseland - probably a good job under the circumstances. So who was the half-time "entertainment"? Was it that Neil Holding bloke again, who caused one or two complaints to the police with his "jokes" a couple of years ago? The definition of "comedy" that he and Johnny Vegas use is certainly different to what I consider humour.

I remember at Salford 4 or 5 years ago (when we won 32-0!) they also started on about the pies at half-time, but even they had some other jokes - with a couple of minutes to go the announcer came on to encourage the team and tell them they could still win! Raised a smile with everyone he did, unlike our misguided St Helens "friends".
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
SiY

Post by SiY »

Well the half time entertainment was a guy with a golden jacket doing a golden gamble but the jacket had a saint red "V" on it and basically took the micky out of our golden gamble. They even gave away mints. lol