19 For Cas

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
keptinthedarkfans

Re: 19 For Cas

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

sheepsteeth wrote:for me Gelling has to get the nod in the centres. What does it say if he plays that well and get's dropped.

If it was George Carmont who was back fit to replace him then fair enough but i don't think Thornley (who I rate) has done enough to be automatically brought back in.
Yes I agree with you Gelling would get my vote and the game time would help him.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote:
sheepsteeth wrote:for me Gelling has to get the nod in the centres. What does it say if he plays that well and get's dropped.

If it was George Carmont who was back fit to replace him then fair enough but i don't think Thornley (who I rate) has done enough to be automatically brought back in.
Yes I agree with you Gelling would get my vote and the game time would help him.
I'd love to see how Gelling would perform if last season's options were still available or if he could keep match fit at Leigh. He's definitely having to learn his trade the hard way!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Gelling has to be given an opportunity for a few games at the very least. I would personally have Thornley on the bench.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Spencer won't play tomorrow. He played for Leigh tonight.
Andy Powell anyone?
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

No straw damn us wrote:Spencer won't play tomorrow. He played for Leigh tonight.
Andy Powell anyone?
Lauaki back in?
TSB

Post by TSB »

Andy Powell is on the bench
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

TSB wrote:Andy Powell is on the bench
Be interesting. In the past Union converts usually got a warm welcome off the opposition. A bit of a "who the F do yuo think you are" kind of smack in the chops!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

TSB is always 100% on the money.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

The weather being as it is, we may well need plenty of big lumps on the bench etc. Shame Spencer was not kept back. Perhaps it would have been a good game for Greenwood; being an Oldham lad he will be used to miserable rain sodden pitches.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Warriors Amend 19 Man Squad

Wigan Warriors Head Coach Shaun Wane has this afternoon been forced to make two changes to his 19 Man Squad for tonight's home Super League clash against Castleford Tigers, 8pm kick off.

Both Tom Spencer and Logan Tomkins come out of the squad after failing fitness tests and Chris Tuson who has recovered from his hamstring problem and Andy Powell are now named in the squad.

Powell (pictured below) signed for the Warriors in April after a hugely successful career in Rugby Union and has been training with the First Team for the last couple of weeks. Powell, if selected in the final 17 would be making his first appearance for the Club, has been given squad number 38.

We will be able to confirm the official Wigan and Castleford team line-ups at just after 7pm tonight.

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent.a ... 393&type=1
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan