Out sung and out played by cas

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Kittwazzer

Re: Out sung and out played by cas

Post by Kittwazzer »

exiled wrote:Just listened to the match on Manchester Radio, now is it me, or are all the commentators anti Wigan? The only fair commentary I have listened to lately is on Wish FM and as for Paul Rowley, well it is a family forum!!!!!!!!!!
I thought that commentary was shocking. At times it was as though the match was incidental to Jack and Paul's lovefest!
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

In fairness though, it wasn't just a 5 day turnaround. It was a 5 day turnaround following the hardest most brutal game SL has seen all season. Even without injuries we'd have struggled with that one!
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Gutless and clueless. Took me back to the Noble era.
We were good till the Exiles last year. This year looks like a re run, with even the LLS being unlikely.
Dire.
Suzieb

Tonights match

Post by Suzieb »

Never seen Wigan so disorganised to many changes Mr Wayne the team camt play without Sam
captinjack

Post by captinjack »

Worst I have seen the team play this season. We have some our so called stars back and we seem to lose the idea of how to play rugby. Shaun would be better picking the youngsters and leaving some of these so called stars out until can show some effort in their playing skills. :(
gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

For god sake what do some of you want.? We play a brutal game against Warrington and just lose with eight first choice players out . Then we play steam that's had a longer turn a round and we've got more injuries and we play players who've not played for quite a few weeks. We're top of the league and all of a sudden we're not good enough. Get a grip.
i'm spartacus

Post by i'm spartacus »

Cas had set after set as we fumbled or dropped the ball, and gave away stupid penalties. I'm as certain as I can be that we only completed one set in the first twenty minutes, and with a completion rate like that, you just aren't going to compete.

I know it's the second game this week, but by comparison, I watched Greg Inglis play for the Rabbitohs this morning, after playing in the origin match on Wednesday. He was virtually unstoppable, putting in a full shift in both attack and defence. I know he's only one man, and for us it was a large percentage of the team that turned out, but I'm struggling to take in any excuses of tiredness for what was a poor show from most of the team. If the Aussies can back up, we should be able to as well. The only two to give full effort for me was H and Gelling; particularly H who ran his blood to water.

I'm not into the blame game, and I'm not going to start blaming Waney. We are still top of the table, and therefore the most consistent team in the league. Losing is something that is going to happen, but I'm disappointed that we lost without competing at all.
gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

I'm disappointed as well, but how many other teams have an off day with a full squad off players to choose from never mind being a run of winning 13 games and having so many injuries. This game was always going to be a banana skin of a game without the injuries we have a present. And by the way I am by no means happy clapper just a realist.

Kaii

Post by Kaii »

Charnley was pissed all the way through that match shouting "what are you doing" plus calling for the ball then watching it go the wrong way. Not a good night at all apart from Andy Powell looking like a powerhouse
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Kittwazzer wrote:In fairness though, it wasn't just a 5 day turnaround. It was a 5 day turnaround following the hardest most brutal game SL has seen all season. Even without injuries we'd have struggled with that one!
I do not swear often on here but I am about to.

I felt the same as you but having just got back and witnessed that performance I am afraid that does not excuse the utter shite the team served up tonight.

They were to a man, rubbish.

And so was Wane who's substitutions were simply just plain random. So you can add out coached to the list.